Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dinomo45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 11:01 PM
    Who can help me when old boss calls your new boss about my background
    I quit my old job at Advance Auto Parts, went to go work for Napa Auto Parts. Found out my former GM Mike from Advance talking to my new GM Cas at Napa about my background, and later Mike telling Advance employees about my whole background, and the outside commercial accounts, so almost the whole entire Kinwood TX knows about me. What can I do, I have a lawyer helping on a settlement, but its been two weeks sense Iv'e heard from him.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 6, 2012, 01:37 AM
    What kind of settlement is this lawyer working on? Do you mean you are suing for slander? Sorry, need more information.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 6, 2012, 02:35 AM
    Who told you that your background (whatever you mean by that) is privileged information?
    Outside commercial accounts? What 'rights' do you think you have to keep that secret?
    You can throw money at a lawyer if you want, I suppose, but I wouldn't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A former boss talking dirt to a new boss [ 3 Answers ]

Good Evening, So, I worked for a jewelry store for a few months before relocating to another location to finish college. After I moved, I applied at a competator's company in at a mall store. At my former job, my manager and I did NOT get along. She would constantly change the schedule without...

Boss refused to give me a contract and now calls me a vendor. What does this mean? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm working in a writing company. I'm working full-time, from 9-5. I am the only person there who never received a contract. What I do is basically a bit of everything; I write, come up with concepts, answer the phone, market, coordinate big meetings, and so forth. Everyone else there...

Why is my boss doing this? [ 8 Answers ]

I work for this family as their nanny... we have this "best family-best nanny ever" relationship. Isn't been longer, but I'm getting this strong feeling that the father likes me. I don't want to be in such position.. I love my job and want to keep it or leave it with grace and respect. But how to...

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

View more questions Search