Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mirandaisme Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 09:52 PM
    Ammonia is a little high
    I just did a fishless cycle that ended a few days ago with everything great. I stocked my aquarium with fish yesterday and today the ammonia is getting a little high. I have a 15 gallon tank. What should I do to rectify this problem. By the way I am new at this.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 6, 2012, 04:47 AM
    If you use a filter that hangs on the tank you can try a product called ammocarb. It goes into your filter and keeps a check on the amonia.

This is what it looks like.

Ammo-CarbŪ - API

May 6, 2012, 05:47 AM
    Thank you so much!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 6, 2012, 05:59 AM
    How many fish do you have in your tank?

May 6, 2012, 06:12 AM
    I have six and about right ghost shrimp.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 6, 2012, 07:08 AM
    Information on ghost shrimp can be found here.

Ghost Shrimp

May 6, 2012, 09:27 AM
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High Nitrite and nitrates... but not ammonia [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 30 gall.freshwater tank. In this tank I keep 4 angel fish. 1 tire track eel (at this time approx 3 inch. Long) 2 small frogs and 4 chinese cleaner fish. I faithfully do water changes every week ( 25 - 30% ) Up to this point I have not been testing the water.The tank has been a long...

PH is high but alkaline is low, ammonia? [ 1 Answers ]

All three of my guppies died in one night, but my three ghost shrimp are still living. I have a 25L tank, and the day before I did a 25% water change. I also got a new heater and replaced the old one. I tested the pH and it was about 8.4, but alkaline level was fine. The water was also extremely...

Ammonia to high in my tank. Fish laboring to breath. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello... I have a 55 gal. tank that I recently purchased moving up from an old 30 gal. and I have about 14 African Cichlids... some that were born in my old tank. When I first set up this tank all went really well and the fish were doing amazing... and with little maintenance. I have two large...

High Ammonia in my Aquarium [ 1 Answers ]

I've been having trouble setting up a 37 gallon aquarium. An employee at a fish store suggested that I drain the tank and start over. He told me to add nothing to the tank except Ammonia detox, wait 2 weeks, then add "smart start" which is bacteria and then add a couple of fish within 24 hours and...

High ammonia level in fishtank. [ 4 Answers ]

I've have a 55 gallon fishtank I got 3 weeks ago. We have been adding fish once a week. (I know now that was a big mistake) A few days ago, a couple of my fish got sick (loss of appetite, color loss, staying at the top of the tank, etc). One fish has died but 2 are still sick. After researching I...

View more questions Search