Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zararayesha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 06:01 PM
    Need info
    I live in london I am doing job in a store which has lottery with all the other things being a part time employee I have to deal the customers who want to play lottery other than selling items in the store so is the salary which I am getting from this is halal for me??
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 5, 2012, 06:03 PM
    I don't know what you mean by halal. Since this question was posted in the customer service forum, I will answer it based on the forum it was posted in.

You are paid a wage to do a job. If selling lottery tickets is part of your job, then you are required to do it, and cannot expect extra for it. It's a part of your job. You get paid to do that job.

Good luck.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2012, 08:48 AM
    The lottery is gambling, so haram. Gambling is forbidden in the Qur'an --

O you who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, sacrificing to stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination- of Satan's handiwork: eschew such (abomination), that you may prosper." [5:90]

"They ask you concerning wine and gambling. Say: 'In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit.'" [2:219]

"O who you believe! Intoxicants (e.g. alcohol) and gambling and idols and (lottery by) arrows are an abomination of Satan’s work, so avoid them so that you may get salvation. Satan's only desire is to create among you enmity and hatred by means of intoxicants and gambling and stop you from praying and remembering Allah. Will you not then stop?" [Surah Ma'idah; 5:90,91]

Talk with your work supervisor and also your imam about your job. As Alty said, since selling tickets is an unavoidable part of your job, you may have to start hunting for a new job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Info [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering what is going on with my body if I skip my period for two months then spotted for about two weeks then has been bleeding for about 3weeks?

We have an employee that has patient info and billing info in our server - Violation? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a past employee that has patient files and billing info on our server. She worked part time for an outside doctor and his info is contained on our records. We have purged them and notified the docotr, but she intercepts emails. Do we have a violation that we should be concerned about?

In need of info [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for info on my dead cousin. I been to many website but they've given me no help. How do I find out free info about him?:confused:

Still need info. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm still looking for some information from my last question.:

View more questions Search