Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    17jorge17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 04:40 PM
    Depreciation Expense is reported on the balance sheet as an addition to the related a
    Depreciation Expense is reported on the balance sheet as an addition to the related asset.
    True
    False
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2012, 05:15 PM
    Expenses are reported on the Income Statement.

Accumulated Depreciation is reported on the balance sheet and it is a contra asset account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Balance sheet related questions? [ 0 Answers ]

I am working in hospital as an accountant.we paying rent for hospital building.we paid lot of money for building expansion (painting,room partision,decoration etc).my question is this amount where I will show in balance sheet or profot and loss account.

Why accumulated depreciation write on liabilities side of balance sheet? [ 1 Answers ]

Nature of account of accumulated depreciation and treatment

What is the offset to the accumulated depreciation on a balance sheet? I have it sub [ 2 Answers ]

What is the offset to the accumulated depreciation on a balance sheet? I have it subtracted from the assets. Would it decrease the owners equity?

Double-Declining-Balance Depreciation Expense [ 1 Answers ]

Equipment is purchased for $80,000. It has an 8 year useful life and $39000 residual value. Under the doubl-declining-balance method, what is the depreciation expense for year 3? a. 6,000 b. 48,000 c. 11,250 d. 8,436 I keep coming up with 11250, but the book says the answer is 6,000. The...

Double-Declining-Balance Depreciation Expense [ 1 Answers ]

Equipment is purchased for $80,000. It has an 8 year useful life and $39000 residual value. Under the doubl-declining-balance method, what is the depreciation expense for year 3? a. 6,000 b. 48,000 c. 11,250 d. 8,436 I keep coming up with 11250 but according to the teacher the answer is...

View more questions Search