Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brittanyc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 08:18 PM
    What happens when H2SO4 + CuO combine? Inferences?
    For a recycling copper assignment, I need to know what happens when you combine copper oxide with sulfuric acid (like I know that that it turns a clear aqua colour... but what is happening for the to occur?)
    Please answer me quick!!
    Thanks a bunch
    Evil dead Posts: 116, Reputation: -5

Feb 24, 2007, 07:14 AM
    This is a typical Metal Oxide + Acid = Metal Salt + water.

The metal salt which would be Copper Sulphate is a little insoluble in solution and precipitates out to give it the blue colour.

However, since the liquid is still clear and it just turned blue, you can debate whether there really is a precipitate - well that's what I'm confused with anyway.
    Niall604 Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Apr 22, 2008, 12:08 PM
    CuO + H2SO4 --> CuSO4 + H20

Metal Oxide + Sulphuric Acid ---> Metal Sulphate + Water

Copper sulphate is soluble in water, and acid, but due to it being a transition metal, it is a blue solution, Group 1 and Group II metal salts form clear colorless solutions, and are generally white in solid form.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I combine multiple rar files into 1 video? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently downloaded a movie which came in 8 rar files. I want to combine them into 1 video file. I used winrar but those files are password protected. When I enter the password it opens but when I try to extract 1 of those rar files, it says CRC error after 70% extraction. Tell me a way to...

Combine DBA accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Can the accounts of the dba be combined with the parent company and submitted as one return

View more questions Search