Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cupcake obsesso Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

May 5, 2012, 04:01 PM
    Is my maltese going to adjust well durning the move of houses?
    Is my Maltese going to be OK or adjust OK when we move into our new house its in the same town
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

May 5, 2012, 10:52 PM
    While he may not care that he is in the same town, he may be a little nervous in a new environment.
    But generally they adjust fine.
    Make sure that he has his own safe place in the new home and his favorite bed, blankets, toys and lots of TLC from his family (his pack)
    Stay with him outside during his exercise and bathroom breaks, there will be a multitude of new smells and noises.

May 6, 2012, 08:32 PM
    Thanks so much you really helped

May 6, 2012, 08:36 PM
    Do or have you had any dogs with this type of experience of moving if so is what type of dog? Thanks so much again
    Cupcake obsesso
    Cats Expert

May 7, 2012, 03:27 AM
    Three of our dogs moved with us to this house. They all did quite well, They still had their things, their food bowls, toys, and crates. Most importantly they still had us, their people. After exploring and getting the new layout of the house and yard they were as happy as clams.
    The other we moved to our house after she had been abandoned, tied to a tree outside her house. (the people just moved and left her)
    After some time she adjusted to being indoors and living with her new family and surroundings.
    I think when dogs know they are loved and cared for they can adjust fairly easily.
    A pitbull, a pitbull mix, a chow mix and a poodle mix, size didn't matter either the little one did as well as well as the big guys.

May 7, 2012, 04:32 PM
    Thank you so much for being one of those people who actually take time out of there day to help other people your comments and answers were very helpful. My Maltese is 4 years old right now and we have had him for about a year now. Since he had a previous owner on top us me he was abused but is doing fantastic now in his home with me. We plan to move next week. And I just wanted to make sure he'll be happy and OK since I'm very close to him and love him dearly.
    Thank again for all your time and help
    I really appreciate it. =]
    Cats Expert

May 7, 2012, 06:31 PM
    No problem, When you get moved if you have more questions, feel free to ask.
    There are lots of dog lovers on this forum and much great advice.
    Questions on any subject are welcome and plenty of people to answer them.
    Good Luck with your move, I surely don't envy you, moving is a job.
    I'm thankful that your little guy is in a good place now with you.

May 10, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Yes he's very happy. I'm so grateful that he finally found a great owner. =] Thank you so much again and I'll let you know how the move goes when I can get to the computer since we have to pack it all up in order to get it to the next house. So check in with you then. Have a nice day! =]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depressed durning period [ 5 Answers ]

During my period I feel so depressed that I can barely make myself get out bed. I am so emotional that I could cry about anything. One day I'm angry and then I wake up so depressed. I also should add that this just started in the past year... I also changed brands of birthcontrol pills too...

I need to adjust the throttle speed on a Wizard lawnmower.can't find way 2 adjust,help [ 0 Answers ]

Wizard Quatium XTE 1/c 6 hp lawnmower. I can't find where the throttle screw is. If anyone knows how, please, greatly appreciated.

Toys durning Pregnancy [ 10 Answers ]

Is it OK to use sexual toys when pregnant?

How to move on or adjust [ 3 Answers ]

New to this form so I hope I don't sound to stupid... I have/had been in this one on one relationship for 9 years now. Last Year, my guy moved 4 hours away for a job. We really didn't discuss the move he was just up and gone. He comes to visit regular when I am in town, says he wants to continue...

Door opeing durning drying [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool duet wde9200sq and the door pops open before the load is dry. It will run for 2-10 min then open by itself. Why is this happening?:(

View more questions Search