Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tanzi-louise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 01:40 PM
    Want to dye my hair, but have recently had Highlights? Need some Advice Please !
    Hiya :)

I re-highlighted my hair 2 weeks ago, but now I'm not sure I like it, because it's a bit blonder than I expected.

I've treid to research it a little and I read in a couple of places that to prevent your hair from going green you should never use a colour that has ASH tones in it , and I've also read that you should use a colour that has RED tones in it.

I've gone out and bought a Clairol, nice'n'easy hair colour. Its called Dark Auburn and the colour code on the box says "4R"

I'm hoping this will work, but before I try it I wanted to get some advice on whether people think it will or won't work and what other options I have to fix the problem.

Thank you :)

Check out some similar questions!

Using boxed dye over recently colored hair [ 0 Answers ]

My original hair color is dark brown... Over several months I have highlighted with caramels and blondes through a professional. After, a girlfriend of mine who is in hairdressing school, could not re due my highlights so she took the crown of my hair and lightened it and then added red and purple...

How to dye already black hair Jet black with red highlights. What comes first? [ 2 Answers ]

Please help. My natural color is a natural black or like a 1B and I have some strands of gray that have increased over the last few years. I have finally decided I would like to get a permanent color and go Jet Black. But I would like some red highlights in my crown area (I just recently cut my...

Most quick way to get rid of semi-permanent dye on recently bleached hair [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I am new to all this but you seem to be very good at answering questions! My daughter had lovely highlights in her light brown hair but wanted to go an all over blonde. She used a high-lift blonde dye and the result was very light but a bit brassy. Having dyed my own hair for years, I...

My hiar is dyd dark red/browncan I dye my hair dark brown with honey blond highlights [ 1 Answers ]

I just died my hair dark brown but it looks redish brown more than anyhing, can I die it dark brown with honey blond highlights and get the results I want?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.