Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pamepext View Post
    I am final, I am sorry, but this answer does not suit me. Perhaps there are still variants?
    Hello pam:

I don't know what variant you're looking for.. We got those FOR spanking, and those AGAINST.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 11:00 AM
    I am final, I am sorry, but this answer does not suit me. Perhaps there are still variants?

What? The answer doesn't suit you? What answer would you like to hear?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 11:01 AM
    Perhaps they want to just serious beat them, or use torture, just spanking was not enough
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 02:07 PM
    I was spanked as a child.. thought it was normal. My dad spanked for everything that was the only punishment he used. What did I learn? I learned to lie your butt off as if you got caught no matter what it was a bare butt spanking until you could not sit down.
    I think explaining consequences so they understand why they can not do what they are doing, time outs and taking stuff away works better with less emotional trauma. Also be consistent with what you expect and your rules and boundaries.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 02:24 PM
    Might have worked for you, but the average kid isn't impressed with a talking to, but a spanking they will make the point to them. But you REALLY have to be well over 40 to grasp the concept timeouts just don't work like a well deserved spanking did.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 02:25 PM
    I'm well over 40. Spankings only made me go underground and get slyer and more deceitful. Never once have I thanked my parents for spanking me. I just learned they could hit me when I wasn't allowed to hit back. Oh, and I was the firstborn and turned out the best behaved of their four kids (and no, not because I was spanked). They must have finally seen the light or gotten tired of spanking because my sibs were never spanked for doing the same things I had gotten spanked for.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm well over 40. Spankings only made me go underground and get slyer and more deceitful. Never once have I thanked my parents for spanking me. I just learned they could hit me when I wasn't allowed to hit back. Oh, and I was the firstborn and turned out the best behaved of their four kids.

I was also the first born and I got spanked - and it made an impression on me. Probably the reason I'm not in jail today.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 22, 2012, 06:51 PM
    Switching to my librarian hat --

News Flash: The current edition of The Week magazine mentions that shaming a child by, for example, bullying and any kind of abuse creates stress, and shortens his telomeres, thereby messing up his DNA which will, in turn, affect his immune system, making him vulnerable to disease and even a shortened life span (source: Bullying, Child Abuse Hasten Aging in Kids | Stress & Telomere Length | LiveScience).
    If that were true, I would look 20 years older than I am, but luckily I look about 10 years younger, so hopefully, the bullying I experienced as a kid didn't have any long term negative effects.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 07:05 PM
    What the heck? This is the third post I've seen on this site, today, where someone has posted on an older thread, made a comment that makes no sense and has nothing to do with the original question.

Don't like the answers, then move on. Don't want to answer, then move on! But post some ridiculous nonsense that makes no sense... NO! Move on! We don't want to read your dribble.

Either post a response or don't, but don't post something that means absolutely nothing! Geesh!

I think I may change my mind. There are people in this world that are in desperate need of a good whooping. :(
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    There are people in this world that are in desperate need of a good whooping. :(
    Hello Alty:

**greenie**

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2012, 05:49 AM
    I'm well over 40. Spankings only made me go underground and get slyer and more deceitful. Never once have I thanked my parents for spanking me. I just learned they could hit me when I wasn't allowed to hit back. Oh, and I was the firstborn and turned out the best behaved of their four kids (and no, not because I was spanked). They must have finally seen the light or gotten tired of spanking because my sibs were never spanked for doing the same things I had gotten spanked for.
    May be it's a female thing. Any boy that was intimidated by a lecturing would have his boy-card revoked. And without that he could never get a man-card. I can't speak for the females there but I can speak for the guys. I have two nephews that are poster-children for proof it doesn't work. They aren't inheritantly evil kids, just self centered to the point of narcisism.
    manfromPA Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2012, 11:52 AM
    For the past 10 yrs. I've noticed more and more unruly children, especially in shopping centers, so much that I have to leave and the parents are afraid to "Stop it". I grew up in the 50's, where if you were acting up... you got a "Crack" to the back of the head. My parents did not love me any less for doing it, but it made you think of not doing it again and you learned, fast like. I was hit when needed and so deserved it. As I go older... Once the crack to the heat didn't work, you got the strap, once that stopped working you got the licking stick, (this was a 1"x2" by 1 1/2 foot long piece of wood). Today I'm fine, never arrested, never stole anything, pay my taxes, still respect my elders... My mom is now in her mid 80's and still packs a great wallop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Monkey spanking? [ 6 Answers ]

Knowing that my husband "spanked his monkey" is always a turn on for me. When my ex did that it pissed me off. (He referred to it as beating off.) Do any of you girls get turned on when you know he is feeling sexual, even if you're not directly involved? Guys, do your wives have feelings about...

View more questions Search