Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    motherofgrace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 09:34 PM
    Saved a life and feel... different
    A souple weeks ago at work, a co worker started having a stroke. My manager panicked and yelled " call a manager" and I ignored her and called 911.

I have been told that if the paramedics were a minute longer he would have been brain dead or dead.

Coworkers are tellign me that I am a hero and that I did the right thing. But I don't want people to tell me that. I mean I feel like I just acted like a human being. And it is really bothering me that people keep saying this. Also I can't stop thinking about the event. I think about it ALL the time, where as everyone else seems to have moved on. I just don't understand how people can go on like nothing happened.

I am constantely thinking about the event, what could have happened, how my co workers handled it.

What is wrong with me?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 4, 2012, 11:09 PM
    There's nothing wrong with you. I would tell people at work to stop it, it's bothering you.
    I would visit the person whose life you and the paramedics and the hospital saved.
    That's the only person who counts.
    There are a bunch of old sayings which I can't remember at the moment, but they all boil down to being forever tied to someone you save. Some say indebted even. Why would you be indebted? Why not the other way around? It's a mystery you need to explore. Maybe saving someone adds a dimension of meaning to your life you didn't have before. So the homeless person given a meal does a favor for the person doing the favor. The abandoned dog makes the person who rescues him feel better. The life saved 'saves' the person saving that life.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 4, 2012, 11:16 PM
    But isn't that why we are here on this earth, to make life better for each other, even saving each other's life if it comes to that? I saved the life of my neighbor's elderly mother during the 1980s, and my life was saved in 2009. Karma, what goes around comes around. I will pray someone will be nearby, motherofgrace, to save your life someday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 22 and I feel like I'm going nowhere in life, [ 3 Answers ]

I have debts nothing crazy I'm a full time dishwasher, I live at home with me parents own a car and have the most precious girlfriend, I'm trying to get back to school because I don't want to stay a dishwasher for the rest of my life, My relationship with my girlfriend is amazing we click Bt...

How can I not feel like I have no life? [ 4 Answers ]

For the past year I have been having a lot of trouble making sense of my life. I'm 23 years old, and I have a great 8 to 5 office job which allows me to take care of myself very well. I have no financial troubles, which isn't hard of course if you can manage your spending habits. I live in a decent...

My life seems to not change... I feel depressed or stressed in life. [ 2 Answers ]

I've been feeling sad, lonely... Food isn't catching my interest anymore. I have a daughter, times I don't notice her happiness. I don't smile nor laugh anymore. Before I met my ex-boyfriend, I was blissful. Now, as of lately I could careless of my happiness. I notice this was a problem for quiet...

What's your feel right now about him life? [ 3 Answers ]

Ask of himself That I'm locky? What do you what in your life? What you have right now? What's your wishes? Your wishes comes ture or not? Why our wishes never comes ture? How many peoples in this desk feels good, how many feels bad?

Help, I feel as though my life is over [ 1 Answers ]

If someone could please help me, I'm feeling so desperate. On 5/30/05, my fiancé (7/31/78) and I (08/08/77) broke up. We met in October of 04, and became engaged on V-Day of this year. On our first date, I felt he was the 'one'. Never in my life did I feel I a connection the way I did with him. We...

View more questions Search