Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigD195 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 02:13 PM
    Can social security disability benefits be garnished by out of state court?judgment
    I reside in Florida, and may be sued by default from a plaintiff/court in Tennessee. Can the plaintiff or out-of-state court garnish my social security disability benefits?
    BigD195 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2012, 02:17 PM
    I may be sued for default for non-appearance in a court in Tennessee. I live in Florida, and have been a permanent resident since October, 2008. Can the Plaintiff or the civil court in Tennessee garnish my Social Security Disability benefits?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement for Social Security Disability Benefits [ 27 Answers ]

I am on social security disability benefits and it is the only income I have. If a credit card company has a judgement against me can they take my disability benefits, personal belongings, or home or lien on home to repay debt? What can they do to collect the debt?

Can my social security disability payments from Social Security can be garnished [ 5 Answers ]

I am on Social Security Disability. I was just served a small claims request and I wonder if they can garnish my social security benefits?

Can my social security disability be garnished by SallieMae to pay student loans. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been receiving social security disability insurance payments for almost two years. These payments are my only source of income. I owe a lot in student loans serviced by SallieMae. Can my disability payments be garnished to pay back the loans?

Can my Social security disability be garnished or my account frozen [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons for a credit card debt. I went to legal aid and they said I did not have to court. That the judge would file in favor of the creditor. I also owe state taxes can they garnish my social scurity disability. Could I go bakrupt withoutlosing my home and car... all that I...

Social Security Disability Benefits [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that if I earn a certain amount above proverty level my disabled daughter can lose her social security benefits? She is about to start school and am a single parent about to get a promotion which means more money and would like to know how this may affect my disabled daughter's social...

View more questions Search