Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheer_chic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2004, 05:15 PM
    Back tuck
    Hey, I have a problem! I got my round-off back-tuck this cheerin season but I cat only do it sum times! Sum times it's really high but other times it pretty much a back hand spring that's how low it is!! I am doing the sme thing every time though! But I'm scared that 4 try outs its going to be low! The reason that I want 2 do my tuck is because almost every one that is trying out can do a tuck!! Any advice on getting it definite!
    GEcheerBabi00 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2004, 03:33 PM
    Re: Back tuck
    I would say practice a whole lot like as much as you can. And I had the same problem when I first started getting my tuck and then someone told me that if I reach straight up real high and as hard as I can ill go straight up and my tuck would be higher. I think you should try that. Another thing you can try is speeding up your tumbling. Maybe your not getting enough power in you BHS to get a high tuck. I find that if you tumble on the palms of your hands only then your tumbling is a lot faster and you have a higher rebound! Well I hope that helped, if not then srry I tried! ;)
    wild_chick1879 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2005, 02:06 PM
    Weights
    You should try ankle weights! Something lite but not too lite because if you tumble with them on and then take them off, your tumbling gets a lot higher!! :D
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Practice A lot!! When you first start that's how itz going to be. Make sure you are very confident when you throw your tuck, and that you have a powerful round-off!
    Hope this helped:)
    gymgirl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 05:39 PM
    I agree with the ankle weight thing also throw it straight up and now back throw your arms up it helps also try it on the trampoline and off a panel mat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Help! I want him back! [ 4 Answers ]

Well I dated this wonderful guy for two years (I'm 19). We were wonderful together, like best friends and all. The last month though we got on eachothers nerve and I broke it off almost two weeks ago, but he didn't want to so he told me to think about it and I did. One day later I went to see him...

How To Get Him Back [ 9 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship with this guy for a year and a month, and he decided he needs a break. He still loves me he just doesn't know if he wants to be single, and he doesn't want to have a doubt in his mind that he wants to be with me. The thing is, he's expecting me to wait for a couple of...

Can I have her back [ 3 Answers ]

Hi please advise me what to do and what are my chaces... anyway this is the story I love this girl I was seeing this girl for 5 months and we really become very good friends.On 1st April as we know that we call it "APRIL FOOL". At that day I decided to make her fool and to find out that she...

View more questions Search