Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmurph03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 01:07 PM
    slab for shed
    I had made a 24' x 16' slab out of doubled 2 x 6's and filled it with modified stone with the intent of having a shed laid on it. The shed company found that they could not get to that location on the property. It has now been two years and the stone seems fairly solid.
    I'm now considering building the walls directly on the perimeter and raking a top layer of smaller round gravel over the modified to make for a smoother surface. Although I'm unsure as to how stable the sides of the slab will remain under the weight of the shed walls and roof and how the modified will work as a floor.
    Appreciate any input,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2012, 01:26 PM
    You need to check your building codes, Personally if it was a shed I was building I would want a better foundation for it, if I wanted it long term.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak at wall/floor in slab house when rains - window? Slab crack? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I have a slab house in Florida. I discovered that when it rains water comes in where the wall meets the floor. But there's a bit more - it's under the window, but also about a foot away from the window. The window has sliding panes, which I caulked shut. I also put a tarp over the window...

Poring concrete slab on top of old slab & then polishing it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - we have an 11 year old polished concrete floor in our house. We did it ourselves after we removed a couple of walls. First we diamond sanded and then we put a polish on the floor. We also contacted a chemist and obtained a green paint so we ended up with green transparent polished concrete....

Extending an existing shed concrete slab a couple of inches on each side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a old shed I want to replace, the new shed is a couple of inches bigger than the slab,is it possible to extend the slab a coulpe of inches on each side setting up forms around it and pouring concrete. Thanks, tim

Pouring new Concrete slab over OLD basement slab [ 2 Answers ]

I have a house placed on its exsisting foundation and basement concrete floor in 1934. The floor is solid, uncracked, and level but has several areas that are very uneven. To the point, the basement is unusable for living space. Is it possible, and reasonable, to pour a new slab over the...

Leak under carpeted slab by bathroom door - does slab have to be ripped up? [ 2 Answers ]

Could the leak be caused from something else? There is no water on bathroom floor, but could it be the toilet seal? Or a clogged vent backing up water or sewer? Help, we don't have much money and need answers fast.

View more questions Search