Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    littlenightowl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 10:46 AM
    How do I get very stained black hair to dark brown without wrecking it?
    Hi, so my hair is naturally dark brown but for the past.. five years I've been using semi-permanent black hair dye. Six/eight months ago I decided I wanted to get it back to a dark brown so I've used 'darkest brown' semi-permanent dye twice since then so keep my roots looking OK with the rest of the hair.

My hair is quite long and I like it that way so I don't want to cut it, I think the stained hair might be a fraction lighter than it was but is still very black. I use head and shoulders shampoo which might be helping take it our a little.
    If the choice is between keeping my hair black and healthy or lightening it a few shades but making it dry and losing its shine I'm not sure I would risk it..

Are there any options that would keep it healthy?

Check out some similar questions!

How do I turn my naturally dark brown/black hair to a light brown after I bleach it? [ 1 Answers ]

I used a light ash brown and it turned like a greyish green color!

Naturally brown dark hair, been dying it black, WANT BLACK OUT& dark blonde in [ 5 Answers ]

So, I have been dying it for a while now, BUT I want the black out... should I get it stripped then leave it alone? OR try L'Oreal ColorZap (it's supposed 2 get color out). I REALLY want to put some warm colors in it, like strawberry blonde & honey blonde highlights on top of my natural color......

Well to start my natural hair color is dark brown.. but I dyed my hair black 6 mon [ 1 Answers ]

Well to start my natural hair color is dark brown.. but I dyed my hair black 6 months ago.. before that I had always dyed my hair light colors and had highlighted it couple times... I went to the salon yesterday and highlighted my hair.. hoping to change my hair color from really dark back to...

Dyeing hair from dark black brown to dark blond [ 1 Answers ]

Hello guys my hair is kind dark brown black I tried dying it with loreal with golden brown long time ago and some other colors I don't remember lol but doesn't turn out what I want to be but its OK. I always dye my hair by myself so always ready for the results and its OK can't complain. But...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.