Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JonnyBeatz Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 10:39 AM
    Girlfriend told me she is not over her ex. I told her to have some space.
    Ok, I've been seeing a girl for three months now. We get on really well, she has told me she really likes me, and how much she cares about me. She says she thinks a lot a of me, and enjoys my company. And I am totally smitten with her. But she dropped a bombshell the other day, she said she cannot give me 100 per cent in this relationship, and she finds herself stopping herself from falling for me, as she is still not over her ex boyfriend. They went out for 7 years, but split up 18 months ago. She says they were in love when they split, and they split for a stupid reason. She says she told me as she cares so much about me, and doesn't want to mess me around. I told her to take some time and space to sort her head out. I now find myself really wanting to contact her (Its only been 2 days). Advice please?
    starship19 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBeatz View Post
    Ok, I've been seeing a girl for three months now. We get on really well, she has told me she really likes me, and how much she cares about me. She says she thinks a lot a of me, and enjoys my company. And I am totally smitten with her. But she dropped a bombshell the other day, she said she cannot give me 100 per cent in this relationship, and she finds herself stopping herself from falling for me, as she is still not over her ex boyfriend. They went out for 7 years, but split up 18 months ago. She says they were in love when they split, and they split for a stupid reason. She says she told me as she cares so much about me, and doesn't want to mess me around. I told her to take some time and space to sort her head out. I now find myself really wanting to contact her (Its only been 2 days). Advice please?
    Hey. (Sigh) Honestly, I believe most people still have feelings for their ex's. I mean, at least she told you her feelings. That must mean something. Right? She can still like you & care about you a lot but still have feelings for her ex boyfriend. I still have love for an ex boyfriend of mine.. But that doesn't necessarily mean I will always BE in love with him. I am IN love with my boyfriend of 5 months, but yet I will always still Have love for my ex boyfriend. But even if she has mixed feelings about relationships or people , she told you the truth. And even if you both are taking some time apart, that doesn't mean you both can't talk. If you guys care about each other, maybe your feelings will let you both be best friend's, so you can still show that you care. (:
    triplemaxine Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

May 11, 2012, 09:53 AM
    Hmmm well she did date him for 7 years so naturally she'll still have feelings for the guy. And yeah we all still have a little thing for our exes doesn't mean she likes you any less :) you can text her I'm sure she won't think badly of it. And just try and understand her and don't ice her out just cause she still has feelings for her ex. When she COMPLETELY falls for you, you won't have to worry about anything. Trust me ;) Give her something to fall for!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I moved my expansion tank 35 feet from crawl space to basement. I was told to either [ 2 Answers ]

I moved my expansion tank 35 feet from crawl space to basement. I was told to either move the pressure switch to where the tank is now or buy a buffer tank to put by the existing switch. What size buffer tank do I need?

I told him that I was going to give him some space, but I really don't want to! [ 0 Answers ]

So, I met a guy a few months ago and two weeks ago we decided to become... ****buddies. Well, I am 34, separated, and have three children. He is 23 and lives with his parents! So, we are quite different. He is super sweet, and the first night, he stayed over... and over, and over. We hooked up...

Girlfriend told me she needs space and moved out [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for just about 3 years now, I moved in with her and her mom as my parents left the country, we were just about getting into a relationship when I moved in, after 2 years being brilliant together, never arguing, enjoying being with each other and being in love we...

My girlfriend told me she is not worth to me [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 24 n she is 21, she had a past boy friend to whom she loved a lot . Bt the guy told her that he doesn't love her. Meanwhile I came in pictue , we set together n talk a lot n I fall in lv with her. I expressed my feelings to her after about 1 yr when c was studying. C told me that c don't lv me...

View more questions Search