Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johns4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 09:49 AM
    John Deere LX 255 backfires when trying to start.
    My John Deere LX 255 lawn tractor has started "spuddering and coughing" after about 30 minutes mowing. When the engine finally dies and one tries to start it again, it backfires and will not run properly for a while. Could this be that the ignition module needs replacing?

Check out some similar questions!

John deere how to install transmission drive belt in C111HL John Deere tractor [ 1 Answers ]

Need step by step to to install transmission drive belt in C111HL John Deere Tractor

Release tension spring to change a belt on john deere lx 255 [ 1 Answers ]

I can't figure out how to release the tension spring, other than to unhook it. Then there is too much tension to hook it back in place. There has to be a release that I cannot figure out.

John deere won't start [ 1 Answers ]

John Deere X304 starts but almost immediately cuts off as if it ran out of gas I changed the fuel filter but results are the same. Problem started after I ran out of gas and refilled the tank with newly purchased gas.

John Deere L110 Kohler 17.5 engine cranks but won't turn over only backfires [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My mower Kohler 17.5 engine stopped working, when I tried to restart it it will crank but not start. It only backfires with multiple tries at starting. I've real up on it and think that the fly wheel key need replacing. What I don't know is how to do that. I know where to get the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.