Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AriesAngel80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 05:43 PM
    My cat ran away with 1 kitten and returned without the kitten
    My cat had 5 kittens two weeks ago and this past weekend she ran away with 1 of the kittens. Two days later she returned but did not bring her other kitten. We believe she didn't leave the neighborhood cause our neighbors saw her walking around each night in the neighborhood but did not want to be approached by people.

What can I do to try to find the lost kitten? I'm scared it will die if it hasn't already :(
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

May 2, 2012, 06:08 PM
    You could ask the neighbors where they saw her going and go to those places and listen for the kitten.
    Did she leave the other 4 for 2 days without coming back to feed them?
    About the only thing I can think of is walking and listening. If there is a hungry kitten around it will no doubt be crying.
    You will have to look high and low and in every nook and cranny.
    Unfortunately you may have to prepare yourself for not finding her.
    If you cannot find her and the litter is outside, I would consider bringing mom and kittens indoors so that she can't relocate more making it impossible to find them.
    Good luck I really hope you find the kitten and she is well.
    AriesAngel80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 06:40 PM
    We've talked to the neighbors and they couldn't see where she was sneaking off to. And we haven't heard a peep yet from the kitten in the neighborhood. We are constantly walking and driving around listening for faint cries but no luck so far.

When she ran away, she left the 4 kittens alone but we fed them with kitten milk from the pet store and droppers. We also placed teddy bears in their bed for warmth. Now that she's returned and we placed her back in the house, we are scared the other kitten is going to be hungry and might not survive through tonight if we don't find her. We are praying that will not happen... thanks for the support.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

May 2, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Keeping my fingers crossed that you find her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Male cat acting kitten to male kitten after bringing kitten home neutered. [ 1 Answers ]

I have three cats, Microchip, Monk and Minx. Microchip and Minx are 1+ years old and fixed. Monk is about 6 months old. All of our cats used to get along well. They'd sleep all huddled together. The two males were very close. Micro would groom Monk, play with him, and was inseparable. We took Monk...

How to get a kitten and cat get along [ 6 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old female domestic short hair cat. She has always been a very good cat non aggressive. My son brought in a 5 week old kitten and the 11 year old is always hissing when the kitten gets too close. We put them together only with supervision because I am not sure if my older cat...

My cat had kitten 2weeks ago and now my cat has run away,what do I need 2do2 now [ 3 Answers ]

My cat had 4 kittens and now she has run away,I would like to know what to do to the kittens in what to feed them and how?? If someone could klet me knoe asap please

My Older Kitten hates my new Young Kitten. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Im hoping someone can help me. I have a 5month old kitten at home who is usually very affectionate and loving (also spayed) Yesterday I rescued a 9 week old kitten so my eldest would have some company when I'm out at work. I knew they wouldn't get on great at first but my...

How do I know if this cat as had kitten? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! Im new here and I need some help there is a cat the comes to my bacK porch every so often for food. She's very small and doesn't seem too much older than a kitten herself, but one day when she came I picked her up and he stomach was huge! At first I thought that she had just eaten or something...

View more questions Search