Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrslockett812 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 01:13 PM
    How to dye my hair back blonde
    Ok, I know a lot of styalist are going to go ape on this and tell me to go to a salon. Every salon I went to wanted to charge me $120 per session and wanted me to come in 3 times, so basically $400 bucks, I don't have that. My hair is naturally a champaign blonde, and I ruined it and dyed it dark brown after I had my daughter. (hormones, lol) My Roots are coming in full force and I am ready just to have my blonde back. Don't TELL ME TO GO TO A SALON CUZ I Don't HAVE THE MONEY TO DO SO. What can I do AT HOME MYSELF to get my color back without ruining my hair more?
    Chardel Posts: 93, Reputation: 13

May 2, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Unfortunately I would like to tell you the same thing as I have see soooooo many home dye jobs gone wrong... Any-hoo as you said money is an issue... that I can relate to... the first thing you need to do is strip the dark brown from your hair... there are natural ways to do this (look on-line) On of the things you could try is vitamine C, crush some tablets mix with your fav shampoo.Cover with a shower cap, leave on for 30 minutes and wash out, if this does not work then you will have to break down and get a harsher chemical one. Get a friend to brush it on for you so that you don't damage your roots too. Once that is done then you will have to choose a color that is as close to your natural as possible making corrections for the color that is left... orange, green. Yellow, and make it a shade lighter as well. An experienced colorist should be able to help with this. Wear a hat! When you do the final color only leave it on for half the time the product suggests then check it. Use a really good deep conditioner for a good long while after as well.

That is about as much help as I can give you right now... Good luck with this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you dye your hair dark dark brown than dye it back to blonde? (natural) [ 2 Answers ]

I got my hair died dark brown and I probably died it brown 3 times to get the colour I wanted.. And know I miss my blonde can I go back by a professional without it frizzing?

I recently had brown dye on my lighten blonde hair, how to I get the blonde back? [ 2 Answers ]

Prlease help. I have had my dark hair lightened for years, as blonde suits me better. However I wend to hairdresses last week and decided to have my roots lightened with bleach blonde hightlites instead tint. However, the salon put a lot of brown lowlites in too, which look alwful, how to I get...

If I dye my blonde hilights back to brown will it damage my hair even more? [ 0 Answers ]

And will it work if I just do it with the dye you buy at the shops?

Is xxl blonde dye from schwarzkopf a good dye for dark blonde hair to go lighter [ 1 Answers ]

I have dirty blonde hair, and want to dye it at home, I'm 15 so don't want it to go ginger. But I've heard good and bad reviews about and was wondering should I try it? I don't want to bleach it.

How can I dye my hair back blonde when I'm brunette? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been blonde all my life but today I decided to try being a brunette. I was feeling confident about it when I went into the salon but now I hate it, it looks fake like a wig, it's a chesnut colour but I really want to go back to blonde, especially before my cousins party that is coming up in...

View more questions Search