Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tom1963 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 08:18 PM
    Withholding for a contractor
    What percentage should be taken on Federal,State,Medicare and Social Security? This for Independent contractor for weekly earnings.Just need to know
    Percentages for earnings between 400.00 & 900.00 per week.

Thank you
    tom1963 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 08:20 PM
    Payroll Deductions
    What percentages should be taken out on wages betwee 400-900 dollars per week.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2012, 08:34 PM
    No way to answer that, don't even know what country it is . In the US, it will depends on how you file, married or single, then number of dependents.

There are specific charts, next what state if in the US, they all have different tax codes, then what city, many cities have city income taxes.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 2, 2012, 03:10 AM
    An independent contractor does not have taxes withheld. An independent contractor is responsible for paying quarterly estimated taxes on their own. {MOD Note: threads merged}
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 3, 2012, 06:28 AM
    Actually, contractors CAN ask to have federal and state income taxes withheld, if the "employer" wishes to do so.

The employer is NOT obligated to do so, however.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support withholding and 1099 contractor [ 1 Answers ]

I pay an individual as a contract laborer. I recently received a child support withholding order. I called cse and they tell me to send amount listed on order. I informed them that the payment is less that the amount owed. The told me to send entire payment directly to cse. Is this the case?

Interest withholding [ 4 Answers ]

A nonresident alien with interest bearing account had interest withheld in error. Please advise how to claim with IRS a refund for wrongful withheld interest.This is only us source of income and no prior tax return was required to be filed.

Sub-contractor / CONTRACTOR liability [ 1 Answers ]

We Had Flooring Installed In Our Home. The Company Who We Bought The Flooring Promised The Flooring To Be Glued Down. Instead Their Sub-contracted Foreign Installers Drilled Through The Concrete. Water Is Now Shooting Up Through The Holes Like A Fountain. The Company Told Us That The Damage...

Withholding Taxes [ 2 Answers ]

The business is registered in NY and an employee lives in Arizona. Do I withhold AZ or NY taxes? Do I withhold both state taxes? No state taxes?

Withholding Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Sir, I was hired on H1B from December 16, 2005. My Central office is in California but my work location is in Michigan. My employer withhold California State taxes from my December and January pay and didn't withhold Michigan State tax. Actually I didn't stay or work in California at all. ...

View more questions Search