Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbara nelson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Connecting two panels
    We want to add another panel in our basement along side the original panel. This new panel has to have a 60 amp breaker and a 30 amp breaker with a 10 or 12-120 breakers.
    What size wire would be required to connect the two panes?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 12:57 PM
    #6 THHN/THWN for the two live and 1 neutral, and a #10 for the equipment ground. Be sure to have a separate equipment ground bar for the #10 and any green or bare grounds from branch circuits, and be sure the neutral bar is insulated and isolated from equipment ground and the panel backbox.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical panels installed in buildings [ 11 Answers ]

Can an electrical panel be installed in a laundry room, bathroom, or clothes closet where the space will permit access? Is a panel behind a dryer OK since the dryer can be moved easily?

Survey panels on the internet [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if you can make any money filling out surveys on the web? Do you have to join all the sites and pay the activation fees and shipping cost or is there actually a place to make money.

Multiple Sub Panels [ 1 Answers ]

First questions; I have a GE Box with 200 amp service. I have one sub panel and need to add 2 more. Is there a limit on how many sub panels that can be added? My home has gas heat and gas water and therefore total current is not a problem. Second question; My existing GE panel has horizontal...

Electric panels [ 3 Answers ]

This Is The Problem I Am Having I Have Two Electrical Panels In Side The House. The First Panel Is A 125 Maxium Rateing Murray & The Other Panel Is A Ge Panel Rated 120/240 Ac 3 Wire 125 Ampere The Murray Panel Has The Stove & Water Heater Wired To It.the Other Panel Has 20 Amp 30 Amp...

Monitors - CRT vs Flat Panels [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am doing a research project on updating our computer monitors to flat screens. I would appreciate it if I could have a few explanations and comments on the differences between CRTs (which I believe? Are the bulky monitors) and Flatscreens? I need responses as soon as possible. Thanks ...

View more questions Search