Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jpreusse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 02:10 PM
    Question about menstrual cycle, ovulation and plan b
    I'm going to try and make this as short/sweet as possible. Last night I had sex. We used a condom. He ejaculated and pulled out and then we realized the condom had broke! ='( I took plan B this morning. I am very worried because last night when I went to the bathroom (before sex) I noticed I had VERY stretchy cervical mucus. Today, that mucus is gone and I just have a watery, clear discharge. Does this mean that last night when I noticed the stretchy mucus the egg from ovulation had already been released? Please give me some insight regarding how you can tell when ovulation is ABOUT to occur, when it IS occurring and when it has FINISHED. Thank you! & Please, no rude comments.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 1, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Hi Jpreusse... welcome to AMHD,

When was your last period? The clear, stretchy mucus could be a sign that your body is preparing for ovulation. Usually the mucus will become more fluid and clear in the few days leading up to ovulation. It's possible that this is what you experienced, but there really isn't anyway to know for sure on your own.

Just prior, during, or as ovulation completes some women will experience some slight cramping (usually over one ovary or the other) and perhaps some spotting. Some women will experience this every ovulation, some only once in awhile, many will never have it.

That you took the plan b soon afterwards will offer some protection against an unplanned pregnancy. Certainly no form of birth control will be 100% effective however.

You will have to wait until you would expect your next period and see what happens. You may have some spotting or bleeding from the plan b and your cycle may be off at first, but see how it goes.

In the future, you may want to consider using another form of birth control along with the condom. Maybe discuss your options with your doctor. The use of two forms of birth control will lessen the chances of pregnancy even more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Menstrual Cycle [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I was just wondering if this was normal or something I should be worried about. I had my period last month for 8 days I usually get it for 4. 11 days passed and then I got it again on Feb 1st. It's now Feb 14 and I'm still on my period. That's 2 weeks. Should I be worried about this?

Menstrual cycle [ 4 Answers ]

"How can I restore my luteal phase mentrual cycle? Will B-6 (pyridoxine) Help?"

How long can your menstrual cycle take after taking plan b [ 2 Answers ]

I took plan be on march 28 that's 2 days after the unprotected sex witch is within the 24 hrs. My period was suppose to come the 15 of April and today is the April 24. I keep getting cramps like if its going to come but nothing

Is plan b messing with my menstrual cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Last month my new boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. The next day I bought plan be and a week later I had my period. That period was lighter than normal. I haven't had my period this month at all, and we've been very responsible, using a condom every time, and another condom has not...

View more questions Search