Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    royboy0349 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 01:11 PM
    My hot water tank is back pressuring into my cold water tank
    Can anybody help me?? I am getting hot water going into my cold water tank, and this is causing water to come out the overflow. If I run the hot water tap it stops, and then when the hot water tank has filled again, the cold water tank overflow starts again.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

May 1, 2012, 05:32 PM
    Not sure exactly what you setup is, but it sounds like you need a check valve between the hot and cold water tank with a thermal expansion tank between the hot water feed and the check valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain hot water tank before doing work on cold water supply line? [ 15 Answers ]

I need to install a vacuum relief valve on the cold water supply line for my hot water tank. I know where to install it but I was just wondering what I need to do before doing the work (obviously turn off the water to the house), but do I need turn off the power (its electric) to the hot water...

Why is the cold water line not filling my hot water tank ? [ 5 Answers ]

The cold water supply valve to the water heater is open, but no water is flowing. I opened the drain valve on the heater and no water came out. Obviously it hasn't been filling for the past few days. I have plenty of cold water at all my faucets. I have shut off the breaker.

Hot water venting into cold water tank [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I posted my query here a while back but unfortunately it appears to have been left to fester :confused: (query was hot water from cold water tap). After a couple more visits by a plumber, his view is that the hot water tank is overheating, venting hot water into the cold water tank at the...

Cold water feeding back into cold water stoarage tank [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help me and my plumber who also appears flummixed by my problem My ocld water storage tank is overflowing - OK you say - fix the overflow Done it Problem seems to be that the water is feeding back in to the tank Plumber says it not my coil in the cylinder and I have new...

Cold water tank full of hot water [ 3 Answers ]

All the cold taps upstairs and the toilet are now running hot. Cold water tank in the loft is full of hot water! Help!

View more questions Search