Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lgardner1215 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 03:36 AM
    Above ground pool metal repair
    We were supposed to get a new liner installed in our 28ft round above ground pool. The installers came and saw rust only around the skimmer and later the service manager from the store that was supposed to install told me we have to replace the entire wall at a cost of $2,500.00. The rest of the wall is structurally sound. Can we repair the rust around the skimmer without replacing the entire wall?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 1, 2012, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lgardner1215 View Post
    We were supposed to get a new liner installed in our 28ft round above ground pool. The installers came and saw rust only around the skimmer and later the service manager from the store that was supposed to install told me we have to replace the entire wall at a cost of $2,500.00. The rest of the wall is structurally sound. Can we repair the rust around the skimmer without replacing the entire wall?
    Not having seen the rust... but I can guess what they saw... and the answer would be no... you have to replace it.. for this reason... the liner only keeps the water from leaking out... the metal wall actually holds back the rather significant weight of the water... rust compromises the strength of the metal making weak spots... and when it will fail... and it is when not if... the metal will rip like a sheet of paper causing the entire contents of the pool to release rather suddenly, potientially flooding basements of surrounding houses depending on the layout and density of the housing around you. I've actually known people that has happened to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should my outtake on my above ground pool be shooting up,down, or in middle of pool? [ 2 Answers ]

Above ground pool water outtake should it be shooting to side, on top, on bottom, or somewhere in middle?

Leveling the ground with mulch for above ground pool [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if I could use mulch to level the ground for my above ground pool. I was told not to use sand, and I have a hard time digging.

Find and repair hole in above ground pool liner [ 2 Answers ]

I have a leak in the liner of above ground pool. How do I find and patch it? The pool was covered all summer and I wanted to fix air pillow and see there is only few inches water left. I started to fill and saw the soil around one area was getting very wet and summe that is where the leak is. How...

Water behind a pool liner of an above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, the liner in part of my pool is below the water level and thus water is now behind the liner. I cannot pick up the liner because it is so heavy with the weight of the water. 1. Is this hurting my pool 2. How much to replace a new liner and have it installed for a 16ft round pool ...

Above ground pool repair [ 1 Answers ]

I have an above ground steel pool that split down the one side. In the process it bent 6 of the supports. Is it possible to get replacement parts and a new sidewall as well as a new liner?

View more questions Search