Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2004, 08:56 PM
    Linux to Mac
    How do I get this Linux PC talking to my old Mac? I have Mandrake 9.2 and KDE desktop. The Mac is has a Power PC chip and is running Mac 7.6.1. I have a Belkin router 4 port router hard wired to both of them by ether net. The router feeds my cable modem to both.

Since a driver for my HP PSC 2175 is not available for the Mac, I assume I can't share it.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Dec 7, 2004, 03:52 AM
    I don't have much experience with networking macs, but I do know that netatalk can be used to talk to macs, and it is probably what you are looking for.

Have fun,
    ~psi42
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2004, 06:00 AM
    Thanks. I will poke through my hard drive and see if I already have it.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Dec 7, 2004, 04:03 PM
    If that doesn't work for you, you could try asking on justlinux.com. I'm sure someone there will know exactly what you need to do.

~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Linux [ 3 Answers ]

I am using VI editor at work to try to compile my programs for school in C. When I compile I get the file a.out. When I do this on the school's site I am able to just type a.out in the command line and it runs. They are using AIX (whatever that means). I cannot do that here. It keeps saying no such...

Linux [ 5 Answers ]

I have a saa7134 TV cards .my linux (kernal 2.6)not configure for this TV cards.pls help me

Need help for Linux boxes. [ 1 Answers ]

How to setup and install the APC power management on Linux boxes? Please help... thks.

Getting linux [ 1 Answers ]

Hi It's me again. First of all let me thank all the experts that have helped me with my problems. "THANK YOU GUYS" I ran all different sorts of scans on the computer and now it's running faster because all the rubbish files are deleted and the spy sweeper has killed all the spies. One of the...

View more questions Search