Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dragonviper52590 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Fax machine
    Have a simple question. If someone can help me please!. I have a fax machine. Can I hook it up to my regular phone line and still use it to receive calls and fax?. I guess I want to know if a fax machine can tell the difference between an incoming fax and a phone call. I;m worried about why fax machine picking up my phone calls and vice versa. :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 23, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Some fax machines can and some can't. Some will send the handshaking signal as soon as they answer a call. Others will wait until they get the signal. Some will even pass the call on to an extension or answering machine. In other cases you need a switch to detect the type of call and route it accordingly.
    Dragonviper52590 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Thanks for the help, Mine does have the switch. Works great

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fax/copier/printer [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I do not know if this post will end up in the right spot-I am trying to buy a fax/copier/printer that is compatible with a mac osx easy to use-etc Any suggestions between a canon a brother ?I have a small business - mostly send pdfs but need to replace an old Brother- Thank you

Canon l600 fax [ 2 Answers ]

Has ayone got a pdf of the user manual for this fax mnachine? OR can anyone tell me how to alter our telephone number?

Fax Console not working [ 11 Answers ]

I can't get MS Fax Console to work. I have a fax sitting in the Outbox waiting to be sent but the Status is "Fatal Errors" and indicates that it has exceeded the number of tries. It hasn't even tried to send the fax though. Microsoft claims that when one has a Broadband connection it isn't...

View more questions Search