Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BerryLicorice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 09:19 AM
    How can I improve my self-esteem?
    I am 16 years old and I am currently in my sophomore year of High School.
    I have a boyfriend and a small group of friends that I hang out with and I get a lot of encouragement.

The only problem is that I have extremely low self esteem because I was with a condition and that condition made me an easy target for bullying .

Since elementary school, I have been picked on, make the school's punching line, I even had rocks thrown at me! After that, I hated myself and I felt like it was my fault for people doing things to me.
    Now, that I am in High School, I want to get rid of my low esteem. It's taking a toll on my friendships and my relationship and I want to feel like I'm actually worth something.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 30, 2012, 09:28 AM
    One thing to remember is that every bully has lower self esteem than you do. A bully has to put down someone else so he or she can feel good. (It almost makes you feel sorry for that bully... hmmmm.)

Self esteem has to do what you tell yourself inside your head and your heart--but first, tell me (us) five things we would like about you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was she using me for her own self esteem? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone, Hope you are all well. Ive found myself slowly getting attracted to a co-worker over the last six months. I have tried very hard to be objective to see if the signals she's sent out to me are genuine or am I just mis-interprting them because I like her. After picking up quite a...

Self esteem [ 2 Answers ]

On the outside my life seems to be perfect. I have to beautiful girls and a loving husband who has put up with so much from me. I do suffer from depression and right now I can't seem to snap out of it. I was married before and basically gave up everything for him and didn't have support from...

Self-esteem and TV [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering if an addiction could be the result of low self-esteem and the desire to have more control in life. Also, I was wondering if there are any good methods of overcoming a TV addiction.

Self Esteem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I hope you can help me in this, How can I improve the self esteem in someone I really care about, He is having some difficulties facing the life because of that . Thank you Sara :confused: Hi I post this Q? Few days go ,and till now I did not get any reply, I really hope that...

View more questions Search