Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamablueeyes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 08:59 AM
    Marital problems and not sure my husband and I belong together anymore
    I have been married to my husband for 6 years, and we have two beautiful daughters together. I also have 2 boys from a previous marriage. He is a great dad to all of them. However, I married him less than a year after my divorce, not realizing until later that it was a rebound decision on my part, because I didn't want to be a single mom anymore. By the time I realized that, I knew my boys were enamored of him, and I didn't want to pull that rug from under them. Through these years since, I've tried to make the best of it, because I know he loves me and our kids. The last year or so is when I really started to feel like I was leading a double life. On one hand, I was being the kind, loving wife that I knew he deserved, but inside, I started feeling trapped). And I know I did this to myself. I know marriage is hard work and not a fairytale, but I can feel myself slowly breaking down because I don't know how much longer I can keep pretending. It would hurt my kids very badly if we separated. I'm at a loss on what to do and am considering seeing a therapist to try to sort it all out. My biggest fear is a toss up between hurting my kids and a good man, and living the rest of my life being someone I'm not. Can someone please tell me they've been through something similar before and offer words of encouragement?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2012, 10:49 AM
    There are common issues couples have at 6 or 7 years of marriage. Have you considered marriage counseling to try and find some relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I judge about my husband about extra marital relation [ 9 Answers ]

I want to know wheather my husband is carrying any relation with other female than me .how an I judge about it

Marital problems [ 2 Answers ]

Salaam Alaikum, I have a serious problem with my husband as he is a compulsive or pathological liar and I have tried to be patient but it is ruining our lives. He cannot help himself and lies about all things big and small, serious and mundane. We have broken up before and he always begs me to...

Menopause and Marital problems [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 7 years, married 5 1/2. In the last year and a bit our marriage has fallen apart. Also my wife has been going through the menopause. It got to the stage that I was moving out and at the last minute she changed her mind. Now she says it is over and that she is...

Marital Problems [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everyone.. I have been married for 7 years,we always had problems.. coz of lack of trust.. I was from a well educated family.. my uncle was the one who took care of me.. my husband was our family friend.. in the beginning itself.. he insisted me to have sex with him.. I trusted him so...

Which dua should a woman recite if her husband is having an extra marital affair [ 8 Answers ]

Which dua should a woman recite if her husband is having an extra marital affair

View more questions Search