Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mylace05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 09:27 AM
    How do I start from scratch at the age of 40 something?
    Hi everyone, I am new to this and don't have a clue. I am starting over in my life and have spent my years taking care of everyone but me. I recently suffered a huge loss and have been at loose ends. I am moving in to my own apt. soon. I have lots of debt and don't know how to pay it off. I am in college for 1 more year. Not in a relationship and don't want to be at this time. I am kind of scared, any suggestions?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 09:29 AM
    What, particularly, are you asking about? The debt? A relationship? Starting over in general?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Was your "huge loss" financial or physical or emotional, or some of each?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 23, 2007, 10:39 AM
    It helps to think of this not as a starting over but moving up a level instead. You may not have all the "things" you did recently but you are not the same person either. This is the older, wiser, better version of you. Now you are taking care of you -- good for you! That is a big step some people never get to, by the way. I too have moved up levels, several times now and it does feel like starting over at times. It helps me to focus on what is coming. And soon enough I have replacements for the "things" I lost before. Its important to remember that not possible to acquire new and improved aspects of our lives without first letting go of the old ones. Transitions are also never a graceful time for any human, Mylace. Its just how we are. I hope that helps and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scratch off lottery tickets [ 10 Answers ]

I started playing scratch off lottery tickets about two years ago an now I'm addicted. Sometimes I spend 100 dollars a day thinking I'm going to eventually hit that one big ticket. How do you cure this problem . I can't walk past a ticket machine without buying at least one. Let me correct that....

Scratch on Head of my penis [ 2 Answers ]

The queston I have is this. I was with my friend a few weeks back and they were giving me a blow job and scrathed the head of my penis with their teeth. It has been two weeks or so since then and for the most part has healled up... seems like just a small scratch when I am not hard. When I am...

How do I create a chat box from scratch? [ 2 Answers ]

I am new and I need to know how to create a chat box from scratch. The size does not matter as long as it does not take up a whole page. I need a basic chat box out line ( that works) I will make adjustments to it to customize it. Please don't referrer me to a chat box site , I have already...

What age is to late to start? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 14 and want to start martial arts(Tak Wando probably) because I have heard it helps improve basketball as well. What age is to late to start? Am I "over the hill"?

What age should my pup start classes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 month old min. dashchund. I saw that a local petsmart offers all kind of classes to help train my dog. I was just wondering is he to young to learn from the classes, and if anyone has taken the petsmart classes or know if they are worth the money. I really love the little guy, there are...

View more questions Search