Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexandradrozdz Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2012, 04:19 AM
    Is there anyone who likes me?
    I can't help but feel unpresentable and unapproachable all the time to people around me. I'm friendly with good manners and I'm not ugly; people have told me I'm actually quite pretty, but I feel there is something about me that causes people to judge me instantly before they've even gotten to know me. Like, one time I had to give out questionnaires for academic purposes, and this one girl who I asked (politely) if she wouldn't mind filling one in gave me weird looks. It seems like everything I do turns out to be pointless and meaningless. I'm scared I'll wind up all by myself for the majority of my life and that people regardless of whether they know me or not will hate me. And when I say people, I mean those other than my two good friends I've got, my family and my sister.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 2, 2012, 03:59 AM
    Being 'presentable' is good for applying for jobs, not making friends. You are who you are, and they like you or not. Maybe that's a clue of some self-consciousness?
    Being approachable is simply a matter of approaching half way. Be nice, be friendly, small compliments about dress or hair or taste in books, and you're now approachable.
    Asking people to tell you about themselves or opinions or likes is so much easier and more effective than trying to 'be' something for them.
    I'm not so sure people are judging you instantly. Weird looks - goodness, we all get those and more, but it's a matter of brushing it off as nothing. If you want someone to fill out a form and you get a look, just say 'Yes I know, what a pain.' I doubt that the look was aimed at you personally, it's more part of an act about questionnaires. In other words, most of what goes on around us can't be taken personally.
    And finally, what do the people you are closest to say about all this? They are the ones who know you. Ask for an opinion, and tell them you can take it. Just listen, don't protest or try to explain. You are looking for help and they are the best ones to give it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a guy that says he likes you but that he likes many other girls too ? [ 18 Answers ]

Hi everyone:) Well the thing is , there's this guy in my high school and we're really good friends since 2 years now. He's in my group of friends and we use to go hang out sometimes and we both flirt a lot with each other since we met. We'll the other day I broke up with my boyfriend which happens...

What do I do when my girlfriend loves me but likes one of her exs and he likes her to [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so me and my girlfriend have been going out since June 20,2010. Lately we have gotten into many fights... But since she told me that she likes one of her exs and her ex likes her too the fights have just been common more and more each day. We broke up for one day but the next day got together...

View more questions Search