Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eemommy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 02:22 PM
    Adopt my stepchild if the father won
    My sons father has not been in his life since he was 7 months old. He is 6 now. In 6 yrs he has sent 2 western unions and 2 birthdays cards. He does not call he does not ask for pictures NOTHING... I send him pictures because I am trying to be a good parent for my son. He has always had a phone number to call an address and many other ways to contact him and he will not. My younger sons father has raised my oldest since he was 9months old. This is who my son knows as daddy. I do not down talk his Bio father.. (he is the one who help me make him) is what I let my son know. He spent a total of 1 month with him when he was 4 and that was by my doing. Since then he has had no contact. NONE! He does not pay child support. And HASN'T... EVER... My younger sons father wants to adopt him and his last name changed. He will not sign over rights just to hurt me. Would I have to fight in court or will this fall under the 3107.07 CONSENT UNNECESSARY?
    eemommy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 02:24 PM
    IDK y it says that as the title. His father hasn't won anything. And this is my child not step child. So IDK. Question is accurate though.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2012, 02:38 PM
    The issue is what are the court orders, did you ever get a custody order, did you ever get a child support order, In some locations he does not even owe money unless there was a court order.

You can take him to court to attempt to take his rights away, it is not always easy and will be much more costlier than if he would just sign his rights away. ( and does not always work)

But you need to visit an attorney locally and see what options they can offer you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does there have to be a father to adopt a child if the parental father delinguishes [ 2 Answers ]

His rights in the state of PA? My sister just had her ex-husband delinquish all his partental rights and is in the process of having her current husband adopt her daughter because the lawyer is saying that there has to be someone to take his place. I called her lawyer to ask if a aunt or...

I'm 34 and found my boligicial father but he still won`t see me . [ 15 Answers ]

I`ve recently found out who my boligicial fater is and I have tracked him down and told him I got a dna test from my step brother and it came back with positive results that he is my reak father but he still won`t talk to me or acknowlege me or meet me . I`ve tried to make contact with him to find...

Can a stepfather adopt a stepchild if he has a record [ 1 Answers ]

I know this person who does not want her ex husband to be a part of her son's life. She got remarried to a guy who does have a record. Can her new husband adopt this child?

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search