Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Laszlo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 05:46 AM
    Cancellation
    Hi, can you help me answer my question? I lived in the states with my family and 2 kids from June 11 '95 to may 27 '05. I always paid taxes for those 10 years. They deported me using this 237(A)1(B) law. Only I got arrested and deported; after this my entire family came after me. 1 1/2 years ago my daugther went out legally and got married and has been a green card holder for 1 year. My question is, can I cancel my deportation and apply for green card or do I need to wait for my ten year penalty (7 years have already passed) to expire or could I just simply be able to go visit (apply for reentry permit)?
    Thank you very much and I'm waiting for your answer.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2012, 06:38 AM
    No, you can't "cancel" deportation. You need to wait out the time.

You were deported for 10 years for a reason, and that reason has not changed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

visa cancellation [ 0 Answers ]

I'm her in philippines now then one employee get me a entry visa in abu dhabi with out my knowledge... then when I have a new employee now they get me working visa in abu dhabi.. they said to me I have a active visa... that why he can not get me entry... what I can do sir to resolve my problem..

Cancellation Of H1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I hold a H1 Visa when I was in company X. I have already travelled on that visa to US and came back home. Now I want to change company from X to Y. Can my previous company cancel my H1? If yes then what are the steps that I need to take care so that my visa is not cancelled? I have not...

H1 B cancellation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I got my H1 B visa stamped in Nov 2006 and valid up to Sep 2009. I did not travel to USA till Sep 08 and landed in USA in mid September. After arrival in USA I have come to know that visa has been cancelled and it was sent for revokation in Feb 2008. As there was no status change in USCIS...

View more questions Search