Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Whoscarlo5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 10:46 AM
    Unfit parent.
    So my girlfriend just ran away. Her parents called mine saying that they will press charges on me and my dad, so we told my girlfriend to call CPS. They were of no help what so ever, they said her situation was not urgent. (I understand why and let me explain) when she was little she had to sit in her room and watch her older sister get raped by her moms boyfriend. This happened many times but finally the mom dumped him for other reasons and she had no clue what happened. Then she married this guy. My girlfriend older sister had problems now from being raped, she misbehaved, so her stepdad beat her and locked her in a room like an animal. She turned into one by cutting deep gashes and going crazy, so they put her in a mental hospital and she is now with foster parents. Now my girlfriend has never been touched by her stepdad but she witnessed him beat her and he threatens her all the time. Now, since she called CPS, when the cops showed up they took her away. Where? To her house. While there, the cop said she was being a brat so the cop believed only the parents story of my girlfriend only wanting attention. CPS has been called on her parents many times but my girlfriend and younger sister lied to them because they were afraid that they will loose their younger siblings, screwing over her older sister. Anyway she said that she will blow her face off, I don't know why I just got informed today, and they put her in a mental hospital. Frankly I think this is good because it gives me more time to figure out what to do before she goes home and gets beat. As a boyfriend who loves her I would never forgive myself for letting that happen. Now my question is what can I do to get her out? I want to say emancipation but she has no job and I want her to move in with me but I'm 18 she is only 16. Is there a way I can sue her mom for being an unfit parent? There is no proof of this only witnesses, my girlfriend her older and younger sister. I mean if thy testified in court the judge would have to believe them right because it's 3 of them saying the same thing? Please please help..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2012, 11:11 AM
    Besides reporting her to social services and CPS, ( report the mom for actual things that happen) If the 16 year old runs away and goes to your house, yes, you or your parents can be arrested for interference with custody, or harboring a run away, or even kidnappng depending on how the state laws are written.

Also depending on where you are at, at 16, in some US states you may be guilty of rape if you and her have sex.

CPS often try and keep the child in the home as much as possible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfit parent? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my husband are losing our home do to the economy and we have to move in with a family member until we can get back on our feet. Will I be considered unfit to get my son taken from me?

Unfit parent? [ 3 Answers ]

What constitutes an unfit parent?

Step Parent Unfit To Parent? [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how to prove a step parent unfit. My exhusband recently married a woman who my child is all but terrified of. I have asked my child several times what is wrong and they tell me this woman is mean, keeps the child from their father, slaps them, spanks them (which the woman...

Unfit parent NC [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what constitutes an unfit parent in the state of N.C.

Unfit parent [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! My wife has a nine year old daughter and I have been her father since she was about three. She believes I am her real father so far. The actual biological father has never met her, paid child support, or even know her name. He knew he was the father before she was born and chose to...

View more questions Search