Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h6jrjones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 06:14 AM
    Cold water storage tank won't fill
    Our water mains have recently been replaced and the water was turned off for a few hours theother day. Since then our cold water storage tand is only filling very slowly. The pressure on the cold water fed directly off the main seems fine, but the tank in the loft is only filling at a trickle. How do I check for a blockage either air or silt? I have checked the ball valve in the tank and that appears to be fine.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 28, 2012, 07:50 AM
    Who/where was the water mained turned off? Likely broke loose some debris that is now clogging your valve.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 28, 2012, 07:53 AM
    Our water mains have recently been replaced
    You are talking about a city water main and not a private pump. Correct? What's the PSI coming off the main?
    If you have good pressure at the main then shut the water off to the tank and open up the float valve. Check and clean the inlet. Now turn the water back on to flush out the supply, Reassemble and test. Better now? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fluidmaster tank will not fill and when I run water in the sink the tanks fill? [ 1 Answers ]

My tank will not fill after flushing ( not the bowl) however when I run water into the sink it fills

Bathroom water pressure vey poor from cold water storage tank [ 1 Answers ]

Bathroom toilet is very slow to fill up also cold water tap in bathroom when turned on has little or no water coming out of it.can you reply staight away please.

Cold storage tank problem [ 3 Answers ]

I keep getting an orange sludge in the cold water tank, which restricts the cold water flow into my power shower. Where is the sludge coming from and how do I stop it

View more questions Search