Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caringmomma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 05:54 PM
    15 yr old adopted son delayed with xxx times problems right now
    My son is 15, severely learning challenged, ADHD with severe impulsive actions and shows no remosre.. The past year has been locking down doors to keep things safe, locking anything that can start fires as we had two house fires he started playing with fire items. He has stolen thousand of dollars from our small Used CAR DEALERSHIP.. He took the hinges right off the doors to enter a private room where we hid the money. Found it twice and gave it away.. Taking and using drugs now.. cannot find a placement for him for help anywhere... except we are involved with mental health and addictions.. but right now not happy as things are bad.. I think he is without any true remorse .are we crazy maybe but we are looking for help in all the places and feeling we are lost.. My husband of many long years feels he must go but legally we cannot kick him out..
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2012, 07:44 PM
    Where do you live.. (Country and state at least).this matters a great deal as to what options you have available.
    caringmomma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 03:33 AM
    Nova scotia canada
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 28, 2012, 05:34 AM
    I've heard of a place I think in Montana that takes severely disruptive teens for a large yearly fee. I'm not sure if you are thinking of a more local mental hospital instead though.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2012, 08:07 AM
    A medical evaluation followed by medical/legal intervention seems appropriate. I believe you can also apply to make him a ward of the Court.

One thing upset me here - why is the fact that he's adopted important enough to be mentioned?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 28, 2012, 10:23 AM
    In defense of the parents, I think it's mentioned because of the need/wish to trace the extreme behavior back to pre-adoption, to trauma that was so bad that all the years of a loving home were no help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2012, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    In defense of the parents, I think it's mentioned because of the need/wish to trace the extreme behavior back to pre-adoption, to trauma that was so bad that all the years of a loving home were no help.

No need to defend the parents - I was just asking a question.

I don't know the age of the child when he was adopted. What am I missing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Ex adopted my son can I undo it? [ 2 Answers ]

We where well into the adoption when our marriage hit a crisis. I Believe in marriage and families staying together so when my husband agreed to go to counceling and do everything in his power to work things through with me I let him adopt my son. 2 days later he left the house and a month later...

Adopted son [ 2 Answers ]

I put my son up for adoption at the age of 18 he would be twenty six years old now and was born August sixth of 1985 at river side hospital in wichita ks and he went to a family in California

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

Looking for adopted son - born 5/10/67 [ 3 Answers ]

To start, my name is Rosalee Gardner - Lindenmuth Known information about my son. Birth date: May 10th, 1967 or 5/10/67 Birth place: Manhattan, Kansas Adoption place: Columbus, Georgia Birth name : Grant Gardner / Lindenmuth Adoption type: Closed

Is my son delayed? [ 3 Answers ]

My son turned 3 year-old last February. He's our only child. He can say some words, but his vocabulary is very limited. He follows directions and commands, but doesn't answer simple questions as:" did you eat today?" I don't know if he doesn't understand the question or don't know how to answer it....

View more questions Search