Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TravisWWW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 04:39 PM
    89 Wagovan, good relay, cel stays on after 2nd click
    Got and 89 civic wagovan converted to obd1. Just tucked and re-wired my engine harness. Have fuel and spark, a good working main relay and only minor engine codes. Cranks over at a normal speed, sounds a bit weird though, and the cel stays on after the fuel pump kicks off. Getting all three clicks from main relay as well.

Have done the K test at map sensor, getting 5.01 volts so ecu looks good, which is a P28. Verified spark by pulling a plug and visually seeing it. Any ideas?

Check out some similar questions!

95 Honda civic won't start until after 2nd click [ 5 Answers ]

My 95 Honda civic won't start until after the 2nd click when the key is in the start position. When it starts, it runs fine and doesn't die at all. However, when it sits for a while, it behaves the same way again(cranks, but won't start, until after the sound of the 2nd click at which time the...

95 honda accord 2.2L cel stays on after 2 second fuel pump run. [ 4 Answers ]

Leave key on and wait about 30 seconds, fuel pump runs again for 2 seconds and cel goes out. Will now start. New main relay, new coil, new rotor cap. Bypassed ignition switch and same. Check 5 vlts reference at map sensor when cel on and 5 vlts present. Ran car with map sensor unplugged, and...

92 Honda Civic - Crank won't start, CEL stays on [ 17 Answers ]

I have a 92 honda civic LX 1.5l with a crank-no-start condition The CEL comes on and stays on. The main relay is not clicking. The K-test showed 5 volts (I am assuming my ECU is good). All of the fuses under dash and hood look good. I don't hear the fuel pump come on. I replaced the main...

No Spark, CEL stays on. 95 Honda chassis, 94 GSR motor [ 3 Answers ]

Swap worked well and car ran great for 600 miles, then had 1 intermittent no spark/no start condition. After checking for spark, it then started... not sure why. Then the next time it was shut down, no more sparky or starty... Did k-test on MAP... good Tested Main Relay... good Ignition...

Hepl-95 Accord CEL constant-#8 of main relay not pulling down to ground [ 5 Answers ]

I have checked the main relay. All is well. Grounds are good for the ECU. Power is good for the ecu. The CEL does not go out, fuel pump does not get +12v(#8 of main relay not pulling down from +12V), CEL on when jumper put in-no flash codes, +5V reference is on at sensors, +12V is on at...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.