Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommavee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Compare data in three sheets to find matches and copy matches to a fourth sheet
    I am working with an excel workbook that contains three sheets with a vast amount of data. I need to find data on sheets 1 and 2 that match sheet 3 then have the matching data entered onto sheet 4 (a new sheet).

Is there a function or a code that will allow me to do this, as cross referencing these sheets could take many hours as there is over 33000 entries.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 11:29 PM
    If you want to post up a smaller excerpt of the main sheet with some sample data on sheets 1, 2 and 3 and a manual mockup of the expected results on sheet 4 from that sample, I'm sure I can help.

This can be probably be done on Sheet3 using formulas only and an Autofilter, so sheet4 wouldn't really be needed.

Or it can be done with VBA to sheet4.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compare related data stored in two or more excel sheets [ 18 Answers ]

How to compare related data stored in two or more different excel sheets? For example, annual sales figure of a number of companies relating to two OR more years available in different excel sheets? Either by grouping (pooling) the data into a single excel sheet or otherwise?

Ballistics matches on bullets [ 1 Answers ]

If bullets are retrieved from a murder scene, but no gun is found, can ballistics determine that the bullets match bullets used in another crime? Is this type of information computerized so bullets can be compared or do they have to be compared separately under a microscope?

Sorting & highlighting exact matches [ 4 Answers ]

I am working with a very large spreadsheet. I need to sort it by one column to find items that have the same number assigned to them. Is there a way to do this where those matches are highlighted so that they stand out? I have sorted by this column, but it will take me days to scroll through it...

What color matches with my hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have very balck hair, it falls a lot so I don't have a lot of it. My hair is weak and dry just a little. I want to make it brown for a change. Is it better just to high light it to prevet having more hair fall & dry hair. Or is it better to dye it all ?:confused:

Which Canadate matches your views? [ 3 Answers ]

Pick Your Candidate Pretty Interesting site. Any surprises?

View more questions Search