Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caitylette777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Eczema
    I've had eczema since I was a little baby and now I'm eighteen years old. I've been to just about every doctor in the state, including trips which were 4 hours away and to hospitals, and every one of them tells me that I'm the worst case they've ever seen. None of them have actually been able to help take away from the pain and itching, not to mention the not sleeping. I've read a lot of these posts, and most people say that they have it on their hands or face or arms. Well, I have it on my entire body: Scalp, face, hands, knees, back, chest, arms, fingers, toes, feet, you name it - I've got it. I was recently put on a pill called Cyclosporin and it really freaking helped. My skin was clear, but I wasn't. I was literally halucinating on this pill so I had to stop the one treatment that ever worked for me. I have no idea where to go from here, someone please please help me out. I'm getting to the point where it's hard for me to even function correctly.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
    What was the dosage? Did the doctor adjust the dosage down to see if the side effects stopped but you still got relief? How long did you take it?

From aocd.org (American Osteopathic College of Dermatology) --

Short-term side effects of cyclosporine may include headache, nausea, tingling in the fingers and toes, aches in joints, growth of hair where it is not desired, and swelling of the gums. While these side effects sound awful, most people do not experience them at lower dosages. The medication need not be stopped in the case of these side effects, and they many go away with continued use of the medication.
    caitylette777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 03:53 AM
    Yeah. It got adjusted and for like two months or so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eczema Really Bad [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone have eczema so bad that it just drives you nuts? I have taken steroids (prednisone) and I use steroid cream and it doesn't really help. Does anyone have any suggestions or found something that works whether it be over the counter or a prescription.

I have eczema what can I do [ 1 Answers ]

How to cure my eczema and my skin become lightening

Eczema dilemma [ 3 Answers ]

I have eczema just right behind my elbows and around them. This is the reason why I don’t wear short-sleeved shirts/blouses. I try to hide them. Nothing my dermatologist (I think) is working for me. I’m going to talk to another dermatologist for another opinion. Can you suggest anything that I...

Eczema on infants [ 2 Answers ]

My twins who are 10 months old both have Eczema and have had it since they were about 2 months old. I have tried everything for it and can't seem to fnd anything that is actually working. The doctor perscribed hydrocortisone but it doesn't seem to work all that great. What do I do?

Dyshidrotic Eczema [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering is there any cure for Dyshidrotic Eczema because I have it on my right index finger and its and on and off recurring thing it doesn't go away so I was wondering if there is any medicine to calm it down or something. Thank you

View more questions Search