Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brighteyes88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 10:46 PM
    What makes electronics come on by themselves
    I have a dvd player that keeps coming on by itself when no body is around the remote and sometimes it will turn on and open by its self and there isn't even an open button... im not real sure what's causing this and this is far from being the weirdest things to happen in my little apt please help
    Foru2nome Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 10:52 PM
    Throw it away. It's broken
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 27, 2012, 05:16 PM
    What else is going on in your apartment then?
    EidolonProject Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jul 4, 2012, 03:29 AM
    You may be victim to a garage door opener or other device that fires an Infrared beam. Remotes work on Infrared signals. To see the IR beam from your remote try this. Hit any botton on the remote and look at the lamp [it's harmless] and you will not see any light. Now take your cell phone camera, look at the screen while pointing the remote to the camera - you will see the light now because cell phone cameras are IR sensitive. A strong signal on the same frequency as your DVR's remote receiver will effect its operation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electronics [ 10 Answers ]

I want to connect my Samsung TV which is already hooked up to DISH to my Samsung DVD/VCR combo. I just want to watch all of my DVDs. DISH can't or won't help me, can you? Please provide step by step directions! Please I need to know which channel to put everything on, what to do with the...

I have a fried who swears he makes 250K. How do I find out how much he really makes? [ 12 Answers ]

:D I have a friend who swears he makes 250K. How do I find out how much he really makes?

My boyfriend never makes the first move and makes a lot of excuses about sex [ 14 Answers ]

Well I am a recovered sex addict and I have some emotional issues as well but sex if very important to me and my boyfriend and me never have sex anymore I don't remember the last time we even were intimate sometimes if I start touching on him he will normally just jerk off to finish and its so...

Re:Electronics [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a question regarding particular components required for an electronics project I am working on. I hope that anyone with a reasonable knowledge of transistors gets a chance to answer this question as it would be a great help to me. I have a small electronic radio powered with a 9v...

View more questions Search