Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dukeyduke123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 05:23 PM
    Nervous and worried about my health
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 05:25 PM
    Your health is good. Let's get rid of the worry.

Apr 26, 2012, 05:27 PM
    How
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 05:28 PM
    I want you to write down five positive things you did today.

Apr 26, 2012, 05:33 PM
    OK now what
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 05:36 PM
    Tell me what they are. (or too personal?)

Apr 26, 2012, 05:38 PM
    Woke up this morning,I hung out with my friends, got good grades on quiz, had the funniest joke, spent time with my family
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 05:39 PM
    You felt positive when you got up this morning?

Apr 26, 2012, 05:40 PM
    Well it's a blessing that I woke up today. Your not promised 2moro
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 05:42 PM
    No, I asked for positive things you did, positive actions you took. That one doesn't count then.

Apr 26, 2012, 05:47 PM
    And got 5 dollars
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 05:49 PM
    For what? (I'll still waiting for a 5th positive thing you did.)
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 07:37 PM
    Hi Duke.
    You are young to be dealing with this, I'm glad you found this site to ask your question, there are folks here willing to help you and you have already found one of those it seems.
    I'm going to state the obvious and say that you need to get your anxiety under control in order to help with your stomach. I'm sure you already know that.
    While you work on the anxiety, I would like to offer you some eating tips that may help.
    I have dealt with stomach issues for years and I'll tell you some of the things I do.
    First, you'll need to lay off what may be some of your favorite foods, pizza, hamburgers, fried foods, I like these things too, but sometimes I just can't eat them.
    Ginger is good for helping to calm the stomach. I drink ginger tea, but you could try ginger-ale, I've also seen dried and sugared ginger snacks.
    Stay away from caffeinated sodas and acidic fruits like citrus and pineapple.
    Bland foods will be your friend, things like yogurt, rice, puddings, jell-o, mashed potatoes, rice.
    Take your meds just as your Doctor told you.
    Don't eat before bed, give yourself a couple of hours between dinner and bedtime.
    If you find that you have a hard time eating and are not feeling like you are eating properly, try out some of the nutrition drinks, I really like the Boost drinks, and they are loaded with vitamins and minerals.
    I think you should also exercise a little in the evenings, even a brisk walk is good for you and might help you to sleep.
    I think the counseling is a good idea, talk to your Mom about it. It will be good for you to learn how to deal with your anxiety while you are still young so that this cycle hopefully doesn't continue into adulthood.

Apr 27, 2012, 01:38 PM
    Thank you for the tips

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What type of damage does gerd inflict on the esophagus [ 2 Answers ]

My Pulmonologist thinks gerd may be the reason for all the fluid in my lungs. What type of damage does gerd do to the esophagus and/or lungs?

I would like to ask a question about remedies for indigestion or gerd. I would like [ 30 Answers ]

I can't tolerate any of the stomach medicines like Previcid, Prilosec, Zantac, Pepcid, or any of the many different kinds. I get all the bad side effects, like stiff neck, migraine headaches, and depression from all the different ones I've tried. I have severe chronic indigestion/gerd and have...

Gerd disease [ 2 Answers ]

When I these attacks, they are very painful. Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Famotidine, medicines Don't help. Only Alker seltzer, tums seem to break the pain. Any tips you can offer will be appreciated. What foods can you eat?

Really gerd or gord? [ 9 Answers ]

In October I started feeling like I had a lump in my throat. Many trips to the doctor, testing for strep, treated for sinus infection no relief. Last month it peaked, very swollen vocal cords which had a spasm and cut off my air supply, started on prednisone, ENT said it is gerd started me on...

Goals of Gerd M [ 1 Answers ]

How many goals did the German soccer legend Gerd Müller get in total in his career (both in the Geman "Bundesliga" and the National Team)?

View more questions Search