Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albertfair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 04:09 PM
    calculate wind load on bill board sign
    We constructed a bill board sign, 24' long x 12' high which is facing North-West. We have wind gusts up 120 k/hr at times in Alberta Canada. We are considering drilling holes to reduce the wind load on the sign. What should the hole size be and how many?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 05:57 AM
    You may find a better answer by posting this question in the engineering >civil engineering forum, as wind loads are commonly factored by civil engineers into the structures they design. Their approach will be to calculate a wind load and then design footings that can withstand the over-turning moment. The billboard structure itseld will have to be constructed to withstand the load as well. So basically the question of "what size holes and how many" can't be answered without going into the design of the billboard structure, supports, and footings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I calculate maximum demand load from connected load in KW [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am ssaha, I want to ask, how can I calculate maximum demand load from connected load? Suppose in a shopping complex cannected load is 5000 KW. Only connected load is known but other component like demand factor not specified. In that case how can I calculate maximum demand load? Please help me.

How to convert wind speed to wind load [ 0 Answers ]

How to convert wind speed to wind load

Sign Industry Wind Load Charts, Sign Section Modulus Charts [ 0 Answers ]

Recently I've been designing commercial electrical signs. Signs of the type that are on tall poles, or the big pylons and monuments you see in shopping centers, roadsides, etc. lit by neon and/or fluorescent lighting. In order to properly choose the size of poles, and the depth and diameters of...

View more questions Search