Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Too Short Posts: 85, Reputation: -1

Feb 22, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Georgia law
    Can part time teacher collect unempolyment compensation between school terms?

Can an professional athletes receive unemployment compensation?

Are aliens covered by the umemployment compensation law?

Are benefits payable to a female during pregency?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2007, 10:19 PM
    1. Part time employees are not included. There are number of hours per week and so on, but normally most part time not included

2. Normally no, since their income is considered to be a annual income,
    Now if you mean after they loose all of their jobs and are unemployed, normally yes they should be as long as they are employees, would depend upon the exact contract, I have never actually read a professionals contract

3. legal aliens yes ( laws change on illegal, so I am not up on them, tey are gettng more and more rights every month)

4. no, they may get sick leave but to collect unemployment you have to be available and looking for work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Georgia Garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just found out that there is a garnishment on my bank account in Georgia resulting in a zero balance :( Do you think they can take my car This debt is not related to my car which is paid for. Also do you think there is anyway I can get this garnishment off my account? I am trying to pay this...

Garnishment in Georgia [ 4 Answers ]

Hello brilliant minds! I have a question about a judgement handed down against me in Fulton county Georgia.Calvary portfolio svcs.llc won a judgement for$4182.00(which turned into $9982.00 by the time of garnishment.I have heard of court costs but over double? Sheesh!)Anyway I was wondering if...

Georgia Garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

My question is in regards to wage garnishments in the state of Georgia. What types of debit can I be garnished for in Georgia? Will filing bankruptcy keep me from having my wages garnished? Thanks

Georgia Tax Law Re Marital Status [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find a definitive answer to when can an individual be considered unmarried for tax purposes in Georgia? Federal law says marital status is determined by the state, therefore if the individual can be considered unmarried by the state he/she can file as single or HoH on the federal...

Garnishment in Georgia [ 5 Answers ]

A previous landlord filed a Garnishment, faxed the Garnishment paperwork to my husband's place of employment on a day that he wasn't working, and we had already paid the debt in full one day previous to finding out that he had filed the paperwork. What legal grounds do we have for the sending of...

View more questions Search