Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmwood Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
    Correct filing by name when doctor
    What would be the correct way to label a file (by last name) when there are credentials -- example. Dr. John Smith
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2012, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwood View Post
    What would be the correct way to label a file (by last name) when there are credentials -- example. Dr. John Smith
    The same as they are for anyone else... Dr isn't their last name... nor is it their first name..
    tmwood Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 11:13 AM
    If you need to include the credentials in the file name would it be Smith, John, M.D.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
    It would only come into play if you have more than one John Smith. I.E. sorted my last name... those with the same last name get sorted in that subsection by first name.. if you have multiple people with the same first and last name, then in that subcategory you should sort by credentials.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Correct punctuation in filing [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Could anyone please tell me the rule on filing correctly when you have a title that is usually abbreviated. Example: Dr. Louis J. Johnson Would it be filed as: Johnson Louis J Dr. Or would it be: Johnson Louis J Dr (no period after r) Thanks, Tari:confused:

Correct Alphabetical Filing [ 1 Answers ]

It would appear that filing is done according to what school you attended. :rolleyes: Is there a correct rule of thumb for alphabetical filing. We are filing business names like this: 3F Co A-1 D & J Electric Dannon DJ Electric S & S Salazar SS Malek

Correct Alphabatizing when filing [ 2 Answers ]

If one is filing a file by the company name of Don Hummer Trucking, which is a business, would on e file the under "D" or "H?" Thank you

Overpaid! How do I correct a tax filing? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a student from India and I filed my taxes on the last day. Since I was unaware of the Indian tax-exempt treaty of $5150, I did not mention it in the Itemized Deductions on my 1040NR-EZ and ended up paying much more tax than I ought to. How do I go about correcting my mistake to receive a much...

How to correct a wrong filing [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Atlanta Tax Expert One of my friends approached me with a problem, I wanted to get your opinion in this regard. He is an Indian citizen and has arrived into US in August 2005. This is his very first tax filing. He took someone's suggestion and went to a tax filing agency and filed his...

View more questions Search