Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EverardoPlay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 07:51 AM
    Why does opening a new bottle of soda usually cause bubbles to form rapidly?
    Taks question
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 26, 2012, 07:55 AM
    How about a sudden release of pressure..
    DrBob1 Posts: 425, Reputation: 86

Apr 26, 2012, 12:07 PM
    There is compressed gas at the top of the container above the liquid. This is rapidly discharged -- in less than a second (POP! ).

Then there is a flood of gas as the now unpressurized liquid releases the dissolved CO2 it has held in solution. That's the mess.

Finally, dissolved carbonic acid (H2CO3) reverts back to CO2 and water and the newly generated bubbles are released over a period, especially as the liquid warms and lowers CO2's solubility. This is the attractive bubbling that makes a sparkling beverage a happy occasion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old 7up bottle bubble girl w/ 8 bubbles [ 0 Answers ]

I found an old 7 oz 7up bottle w/ the bubble girl on it but on the front there are 8 bubbles in the 7up logo there is no city where it was made on it I ve looked everywhere and can't find one like it

Opening a form in a picturebox [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there Does anyone know how to open a form in a picturebox? Thanks

Identifying baking soda and washing soda [ 2 Answers ]

Using a monoprotic acid, how would you find out which sample is baking soda and which sample is washing soda if you have unknown samples of each? I think it has something to do with how much CO2 each produces when reacted with the acid, but I don't know which produces more CO2 and which produces...

Dog Ate Soda Bottle [ 1 Answers ]

I gave my dog a small soda bottle with dog treats inside to play with and keep her occupied. We've done this many times. I can't find the bottle anywhere. IF she ate The entire bottle, what do I need to watch for? :confused:

View more questions Search