Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bettylinguine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 09:16 PM
    1 1/2 year old husky
    I have a 1 1/2 year old husky, who is normally very energetic, happy and healthy... She has no health problems that I know of.. I have taken her to the vet once in the 4 months or so that I've had her.. though, I did get her from craigslist, from people who gave me no information about whether she had shots(though they hinted that she had, I guess). Anyway, a few days ago, I noticed that she had fleas, so I asked a professional if I could use feline flea meds on her(something like advantix, the kind you rub in between the shoulder blades) since I had some, and didn't have the canine kind, and he said it was fine. I only used one pack of cat sized flea meds... She was acting kind of strange before that, but now, for the past few days, she's been acting depressed and has been lethargic, sneezing constantly. This morning she was happy to go outside, but tonight when I tried to take her, she was frightened to go out... so much so, that she urinated all over the floor when I tried to pull her out with her leash. She is now also scared of my air conditioner. I live on kind of a busy street, and my window unit ac is kind of loud.. could this be something do with her hearing, or.. I don't know? Allergic to the flea meds?? Help? :(
    monicag8 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 04:36 AM
    It could be a reaction to the flea medication. Perhaps you should switch to using special shampoo in order to get rid of the fleas. Take the dog off them, and see if the dog looses its stress. It might also be good to check the dog isn't sick.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

May 3, 2012, 05:48 PM
    A cat dose of Advantix is not likely to have affected a husky like this unless he is super sensitive to the chemical.
    The lethargy is suggestive of not feeling well.
    The reluctance to go outside could be something behavioral or a reaction to something that has frightened him while outside.
    Ad far as the air conditioner, perhaps some aversion to the loud noise, it is possible that the latter 2 could be somehow related.
    You should get him to the vet to address the lethargy and get him medically sound before worry too much about the behavioral right now, but discuss all these things with your vet.
    Good luck I hope you get him sorted out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 year old Husky( I really need help!) [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what kind of training/trainer could help her get over her fear of people. She loves me, and only me(which is fine) but I can't take her on walks anywhere and if people come over she runs and hides. I have an 8 month old son and my husband is in the army(so we will be moving soon) so...

Husky 46 [ 0 Answers ]

Mower will not move very fast in forward,is there an adjustment on this hydrostatic drive unit.Reverse speed seems to be fine.

11 year old husky either peeing or howling constantly [ 2 Answers ]

My husband recently moved into my house and brought his dog with him. He has always been good at his house and was trained to go outside to go potty but now that he's here I'm seeing a totally different side to him. We let him outside regularly and before we leave to go anywhere. Even if we're...

Husky and the heat [ 7 Answers ]

The heat really seems to bother Rex so I try to keep him inside as much as possible, but he likes to be outside and cries to go out. Even when he's inside he pants a lot and really heavily I try to put him in my room with a fan but he just wants to go outside. Are there any tips on how to keep him...

HouseBreaking My 10 Year Old Siberian Husky [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There, My dog is a 10 year old siberian husky and when she is inside she usually ends up messing in the house. We got her from a kennel when she was 9 so she messes in the house because that is what she did in her kennel. So she is currently outside in a dog pen with her doghouse. And we want...

View more questions Search