Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PGerard Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 06:30 PM
    iPad
    Hi All. I just got an iPad and I have a related question... hoping someone has an answer for me...

I spend a lot of time in Hotels, and though most have internet in the rooms, not all have wireless, so my iPad is rendered kind of useless in that situation.

I tried connecting my laptop to the internet via the wired connection, and I shared it out. I then created a new Wireless Peer-to-Peer network I called "PatsHotSpot", and protected it with WEP.

I was able to connect to that hotspot from my iPad, add the WEP password, and it all looked good, except that when I tried to access the internet it keeps telling me there is no internet connection...

I seemed to have read something about iPads not working with shared internet connections. Is anyone out there able to get this exact situation replicated and working? If so, I'd love to know what I'm missing.

Thank-you
    coalas Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 12:28 AM
    In most hotels you have to pay for wifi/internet... if it doesn't have wifi try taking your own wifi router and see if that works (haven't tried)

I hope this is what you were hoping for, if I've got the wrong meaning please correct me and I will try answering from the new info.
    ~Coalas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

iPad 3 [ 2 Answers ]

What is the cost if iPad 3?

IPad 2 problems [ 2 Answers ]

When I click to open some applications, they simply start opening and then stop or throw me out of a browsing session abruptly

Ipad 2 storage? Which to get? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, My boyfriend is going to Afghanistan for about 5 months and before he goes I wanted to give him an iPad 2 preloaded with photos of myself, his family, photos of home, music and most importantly movies. I don't own one myself so I'm not sure which one to get him? I think his primary use of...

From the computers to iPad [ 3 Answers ]

How to transfer song to the iPad

New Apple iPad [ 13 Answers ]

So I saw the iPad Keynote on Apples website, what does everyone think about it? Is it worth buying when it comes out, or is it better to wait like with the iPhone.

View more questions Search