I just finished doing my hair
    And I was so excited to finally
    Get rid of my light brown/dark blonde and go for a medium brown
    But when I washed it out
    It was so dark and mostly black
    Now I'm having a fit
    Because I have school tomorrow and it looks awful
    And I'm so scared it won't lighten

Is there anyway to make it lighter quick?
    Please help me
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Feb 22, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by boo-xo
    i just finished doing my hair
    and i was so excited to finally
    get rid of my light brown/dark blonde and go for a medium brown
    but when i washed it out
    it was soo dark and mostly black
    now im having a fit
    because i have school tomorrow and it looks awful
    and i'm soo scared it wont lighten

is there anyway to make it lighter quick?
    please help me
    Shampoo it a couple or more times before you go to school. Tonight if possible. It should come somwhat lighter. Do not use a bleaching agent, but use a good conditioner with each shampoo.

Always read the instructions before proceeding. It should tell you to test a few strands before committing to the whole box on all your hair. If it stays black for a while, don't worry because you are still a stunning beauty! Just tell your friends that you thought you'r like to try black hair for a change. They will understand.

Good luck.

M:)
    michellea21 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2009, 03:07 PM

You may have left the color on too long... it is what we in the industry call a progressive haircolor... the longer you leave it the darker it gets... hopefully it will fade a bit over time... but if it does not, please go see a hairdresser... better to pay the hairdresser than have your hair pay in the end :)

Oct 10, 2009, 03:08 PM
    And the lady who posted earlier was right... you are still a beauty no matter what :)
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 02:52 PM
    Is there anyway to make it lighter quick?
    Strong shampoos will sometimes fade color quickly. Some people use dishwashing detergent or Tide (without bleach).

Color removers (ColorFix, Color Oops, Color Zap, Igora Phantom, there are others) then re-dye a lighter color.

Oct 11, 2009, 09:48 PM

The most quick and safest way to deal with color correction is to go to the salon and consider it a lesson learned... sometimes you only have one shot at doing a fix... I am a haircolor artist and educate other hairdressers on how to use haircolor... I have worked a technical line... tide can cause burns on the scalp... your hair will not be in good condition afterwards... if you put the detergent on your hands and then add water, it gets hot... you may call the manufacturer for advice on correcting the color issue ,perhaps they can advise you on which of their products will take care of the issue... I have made many color corrections personally from well intended home kits... they are not always so simple... It is obvious that care for your hair ,and your beauty... I would hate to see risk the integrity of your hair by advising anything short of a professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

From black to brown hair again [ 3 Answers ]

Which is more effective, Colorfix or Color Zap and which is more gentle to the hair? Thanks, Maureen :confused:

I turned my pretty blonde hair into a dark brown mess! [ 4 Answers ]

I have (HAD) natuarally golden blonde hair. I wanted to go to a medium brown shade. It came out a little dark on top, but nothing I coulnt deal with, my bottom however, its almost black, dry and dead (needs to be cut), with a greenish tint to it. I absolutely hate it! I went out and bought a...

Brown Hair Dye Turned Black [ 4 Answers ]

I Dyed My Teenage Daughters Hair Last Night. It Was Supposed To Be Dark Brown. Some Is Dark Brown, But Most Of It Looks Black. What Can I Do To Lighten It. She Left For School In Tears This Morning. She Thinks It Looks Gothic. Please Help.

My Hair turned from brown to brassy red! HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!. my hair turned from dark medium brown to shiny red!. ok here is what happened I wanted my hair a little lighter like light to dark brown so my girlfriend told me to get Born Blonde hair lightner, and it turned my hair BRIGHT ORANGE, so then I put the toner on it which was (dark blonde).. the...

View more questions Search