Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phunkyb1tch86 Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Feb 23, 2007, 10:53 AM
    We just looked at his probation papers... neither him or his officer have signed them. The ONLY reason he as a copy is because I asked for one. Other than that he has no idea what the guidelines of probation are. This makes it grey... bc his FIRST meeting with his PO is 2 days after we get back. He's never met the PO, and the PO probably doesn't know he is under his rule...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 23, 2007, 11:02 AM
    There is no "grey" here. The probation is a sentence from the court. The judge issues it. You then got a copy of it. As soon as the judge issued the sentences (and probation is a sentence) it became effective.

Maybe you can get away with it, but do you really want to risk it? Would you prefer 5 days in Mexico at the risk of 2 years in jail?
    loving wife Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 10:48 PM
    We have the same problem. Your Bf really needs to get a permission from his P.O. leaving out of the country beside its not up to his Probation Officer, its up to the Judge. His P.O. needs to forward his request to the Judge leaving out of the country if the Judge say NO then his P.O. can't do anything. My husband is under probation and we even hired a lawyer just to face the Judge to ask permission to leave the country but we don't have luck she is a tough Judge. My husband probation officer can't do anything.
    loving wife Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 10:50 PM
    I even asked question here too but I just find out from other sight that if your under probation your not allowed to leave in the county without permission.
    heartofangel Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Yup I'm having the same problem with my boyfriend I live in england and he is on probation in america and I can't get there but I he's wants to ask his P.O if he can come here and see me because not seeing the one you love for a year is torture anything can happen
    spilihp Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Listen, no one is attacking you. They are giving you good advice. Leaving the country while on probation without permssion is DEFINITELY going to get him trouble. There's no other answer that you will hear that makes sense. Wait a couple years, save up, do the right thing, and enjoy your vacation later when all of this is cleared up. Hawaii isn't going anywhere... Good luck with all of this.
    fde Posts: 93, Reputation: -4

Jan 21, 2008, 04:44 PM
    My dear I think these nice people are telling you, that by no means is a vacation worth the risk that he is about to take.
    Passport officers most defiantly have all the info they need to detain him for skipping parole and I would not want to be with him if he does get stopped, and they look into it!
    Sept 11th hit your country and ours(I am Canadian) very hard. They have cracked down harder than any other time in history. This world is so unstable. As a Canadian we use to come to the U.S. with just our driver's license and a birth CERTIFICATE. Now we need PASSPORT, AND DRIVERS LICENCE. I know it doesn't sound like a big change but it is. I have good FRIENDS that are pilots and they are screened harder than they have ever seen as well. They can't even get a bottle of water on a plane.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 09:24 PM
    The chances of him being able to leave the country with permission are slim and none period. No Probation Officer in his/her right mind will approve an out of the country 5 day vacation! I doubt if he would be able to leave the STATE for a 5 day vacation either.

Just being put on probation and then demanding he be let out of the state or country... you have got to be kidding, honey. Your excuse of no one signed the papers is truly hilarious.

Now, let me ask you a question. If say he did leave the country for his fabulous 5 day vacation, just how does he plan on getting BACK into this country? Swim the Rio Grande? If he has to go through Customs, he's essentially caught there, taken straight to jail, transported back to the county jail, and will be happily awaiting his probation violation hearing for about a month before he gets it. Sure, make the PO's day.

Pardon me, but this has been the best laugh I've had tonight.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Please check dates before responding. This question was orginated almost a year ago. It was revived with a piggyback more than 2 months ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Leaving the country, probation [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend recently got out of jail for two incidents of driving without a licence and a warrant, which he paid by the way but the courty conveniently "lost the records". When he went to court the judge waived all fines and penalties and dropped everything from his record. The judge said that...

Thinking of leaving [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, to everyone here, I have read some the posts and answers and this site is great! Well, my post tonight is regarding my marriage.My husband and I have been married for 6 years with 3 children 14-5-2.Though we live a comfortable lifestyle, my marriage is not a good one... my husband is not home...

Leaving the state [ 6 Answers ]

Hi--considering moving to calif(other coast/far away) for a new start and hopefully gainful employment after having been divorced/seperated for 8 years. The kids are 11-13-17+18 and will undoubtly be dissapointed--how is best to break the news and do u think it is something I should even consider?...

Is she leaving me, or what? [ 9 Answers ]

I met a wonderful woman during the summer and we hit it off from the beginning. She was pretty much the driving force during the first month. Near the end of two months of being together she began worrying about her finances, her chemical sensitivity became more of a problem and made her tired much...

Leaving out a w2 [ 2 Answers ]

I am waiting on one w2 the hole gross earnings might be $ 850.00,, I only worked 3 weeks in the summer and it won't even put a dent in my return,, so do I really need it to file or can I just possibly file it with next years return I have my big one that earned @ 22,000 last year can I just file...

View more questions Search