Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amb33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 01:09 PM
    Crazy Man...
    I dated this guy for almost 3 years and we were crazy for each other. He has a child with another woman, that he had before he met me (so 5 years ago). He ignored his child's mother, basically through the whole relationship he and I had. I felt so powerful that he chose me over them. (Now I feel bad that he didn't spend time with his daughter during those years).

One problem. He was physically and emotionally abusive to me the entire relationship. Spit on me, slapped me, gave me a concussion, tried to run me over in his car, broke all my jewelry and computer, had surgery on his arm for hitting the ground because he was so mad at me, etc.

Anyway, he moved out of state after he graduated college and we broke up. It's been about 6 months we've been broken up and he has come in contact with me every so often; sending love songs, texting, meeting up, emailing, etc. etc. A few days ago, he proposed to his daughter's mother, yet about 2 weeks ago he was still coming in contact with me. His fiancé, to my understanding, has no idea he and I have been communicating since those two have been 'dating.'

I don't know what to think of him. I would never get back with him because of what he's put me through but why would he propose to this woman but was still trying to figure out what I was doing in my life and where I'm living? Will he abuse her, even though she has his daughter?
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Who knows... but most importantly who cares??

You have broken up, it is time to move on, what she and he does is none of your business and is not your problem, I would be glad about that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 10:43 PM
    You escaped this crazy fool, she may not, but to think what happened to you hasn't already happened to her is a stretch. Maybe that's why they broke up before(?).

Sad she would date him now.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2012, 11:08 PM
    As irrelevant as this is, what he does is no longer your business. Stop torturing yourself and stop thinking about him. From the sounds of things, anyone with any sense of self respect would not let him treat them the way he treated you.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Apr 26, 2012, 12:57 AM
    Don't reply to his texts/chats/emails. Don't contact him at all. Consider yourself lucky that you escaped a monster's clutches.

And essentially, when you <b>break up</b> with someone, what they do is not your business at all. So stop wondering about him too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to drive a man crazy in bed [ 4 Answers ]

I have a very strong man who loves to have sex. I sometimes feel intimidated because I feel I may not be able to keep up. I want to do something that'll thrill him and satisfy him as much as he does me. How can I drive him wild in bed, what exactly do I do and how do I do it.

Could a man drive you crazy [ 5 Answers ]

For those of you out there that think you are going crazy because you were dumped... here's a good article to explain what's going on with your mind- and hopefully you aren't nearly as insane as Lisa Nowak Could a Man Drive You Crazy? - The Science Behind Jealousy and Rage - Oprah.com I know...

Is this man confusing, or is it just me going crazy? [ 3 Answers ]

this guy and I dated a couple of times before he moved city, attraction was strong but distance made us drift apart. I know he has liked me a long time, we have known each other 2 years. 5 months later distance is not an issue, we meet again and I find out through his friend that he is dating...

Crazy for another man [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I have not been able to talk about this to anyone except for my sister and her advice didn't help. I recently found out that my husband's best friend who is also my bestfriend's husband is attracted to me. I have been attracted to him for at least the past year and we admitted to one...

I'm crazy about a married man... [ 11 Answers ]

Is there something wrong with me? I mean, h'es young.. around my age... His eyes, his hair, his smile, his laugh, his everything gives me butterflies... All I have to do is look at him... Am I tramp for liking a married man? I can't help who I like... Can I?:confused:

View more questions Search