Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spearschic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 06:26 AM
    Is it wrong for my husband to have female "friends"?
    My husband and I have been married for 6 years and it has been a very rocky marriage. The last several years his work took him on the road. He spent a year in England and then the past 2 years in different states in the US. We live in Florida. I have found out that while in England there was a lady he spent time with. They went hiking, picnicing, etc. He said he enjoyed her company but they never had a relationship. He claims when he found out she wanted more than friendship, he ended it. Then while he was working in Oregon, he met a bartender. I have seen pictures of the two of them hugging, her sitting on his lap straddling him with his hand on her butt, etc. He says there was nothing going on between them but he sure looked happy in the pictures. I want to believe that he never had a sexual relationship with these women but he did spend time with them. I get very upset whenever I think about it.

My question is: is it okay for a married man to have this type of friendship with other girls? He says there is nothing wrong with it because they don't have sex. I say once you are married, you can have female friends but you don't hang out with them and do as he did.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2012, 12:08 PM
    Of course not, if you feel like it is wrong you need to work on your confidence and self esteem. I can honestly say that I am a loyal type of guy, and yet most of my friends are girls. You need to trust your husband.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2012, 12:17 PM
    It is not wrong to have female friends once you are married, however that sitting on his lap thing may be a little too iffy for me. Nevertheless, you ll need to trust him in order for the relationship to work.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 09:26 PM
    I think you trust a guy as long as you feel he isn't hiding anything. He doesn't seem to be. I mean was he hiding the picture of him with a female on his lap, at a bar?

But maybe all that traveling, and separation has you jealous, suspicious, or insecure. Just don't act on those feelings with out real facts.
    michaelslife Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2012, 09:47 PM
    When in a relationship for a certain amount of time you can tell when something's fishy or something's wrong. The fact is you need to trust your husband BUT if his behavior bothers you then he should have enough respect to confort your feelings. Also if your married you are reliant on your spouse and shouldn't be fan-angling with other people. To be completely honest, your husband is on the road for long periods meeting woman and having friendships with them. Plus if you truly know your husband and feel how you do then maybe a good talk about how feel is in order. I know I wouldn't want my wife's to be grabbed or her sitting on anyone's lap while away..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Song and female artist about "broken" or "broken girls" [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of the song and female artist about "broken" or "broken girls". I think it was either on "Dexter" or "Dirt" in the background music

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Who sings the song with the lyrics "im going to drive you really crazy" female singer [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going to drive you really crazy Ill make you love me Female singer Modern Rock sound Low voice on the chorus

My husband said "All men see women's in a wrong way" [ 21 Answers ]

I am an emotional women, and I used to believe in true love, as they show in movies.. After 1.5 yr of my marriage my husband once while talking casually I asked him, why he does not I love you to me, his answere to this question has shattered my believe, he told me that " All mens say I love u,...

View more questions Search