Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misterdsmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2012, 10:54 PM
    Landlord is lying in court Summons
    My landlord is taking me to court in hopes to evict me. The issues he has sited were unpaid rent and utilities. He claims that I owe 534.00 dollars in propane and 510.00 dollars in rent (march and this month of April) now here is the funny part

- I have proof of price manipulation, through HIS statements that he issues every month
    - he claims I paid February's rent but not march or April. Yet I signed over a check to him for 510.00 dollars (the check was for 617.00 and he gave me the remainder of 107.00) for February AND March rent in march! (lie 1)
    - I have a written receipt of this transaction on a fake propane statement he wanted to give me hoping it would speed up my HEAP case with the DSS it was both signed and dated by my landlord)
    - on said shut off notice he claims I owe Him 934 dollars for propane (this was in march btw) (lie 2)
    -this is obviously welfare fraud! a reason my case was held was because he filled out a landlords statement wrong and we were not notified until I physically went to DSS and obtainment a new sheet for him to fill out (he did)

My question is what are my rights>? And do I have a case for counter suit? I know longer feel safe in my home due to this indecent. I have a fiancée and a 5 year old and he is trying to boot us out of a mobile home (trailer) that my fiancée owns.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 25, 2012, 03:15 AM
    No, I don't see a cause for a countersuit, but if he is trying to evict you for non payment and you have proof that a) you made payments and b) he is falsifying the amounts, then the court should not grant the eviction.

Did you actually get a court summons? The first step in the eviction process should be a notice to pay or quit.

A question though;, if your fiancée owns the motorhome then is the landlord a trailer park owner? Is the rental for the space?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Received court summons from former landlord [ 2 Answers ]

Received court summons from former landlord for damages to property. Even though we think this is an unfair amount. Also, the former landlord claims to have sent a bill a few months back which we never redcvd maybe due to the change of address. So we would like to make a full lump-sum payment....

Summons for court from old landlord, what should I do? [ 2 Answers ]

I "subleased" an apartment from this guy that turned out to be a freak. Our "sublease" agreement states "This sublease is contingent on original lease." Well his original lease a TAA Lease, states that there is no subleasing and if you want to change tenants you have to get written permission...

Landlord lying [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my husband are trying to sell a mobile home in p.p.v peoria Arizona.. we have had Several people wanting it but no one ever came back or called back after going to the office were the park managers are to fill out an application and do a background check:confused :confused: well my...

Debt Court Summons -- If I pay in full, can I avoid court? [ 5 Answers ]

I realize a lot of people post questions regarding debt summons and I've scrolled through the boards but I haven't found a clear answer to a few of my queries. Here's what happened: I was today presented (they slid it under my door) with a summons to appear in court. I'm being sued by Capital One...

View more questions Search