Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0302thulsey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2012, 07:31 PM
    How to get stuff returned? Small claims is money only. Police no help
    The Dallas small claims is for money only. An exfriend of my daughters (Adult) has 2 computers, 12 new vases, and some clothes and her house key. Ex friends finance has made physical threats against my daughter and her family. What to do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2012, 08:00 PM
    You sue them for the "value" of the property, you can settle if they return the items.
    But all you can do in any court is sue for the value.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0302thulsey View Post
    The Dallas small claims is for money only. An exfriend of my daughters (Adult) has 2 computers, 12 new vases, and some clothes and her house key. Ex friends finance has made physical threats against my daughter and her family. what to do?
    Who wrongfully is keeping the stuff?
    Is it
    • you,
    • your daughter,
    • her ex friend, or
    • ex friend's fiance?

I'm guessing that the ex friend's fiancé is the person who won't retun the stuff to your daughter. Daughter can sue in small claims for the cost of replacing the items, including re-keying the lock.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued in small claims court, for credit card, I have no money to pay this. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I was collecting SDI because of a medical problem, when feeling better I did day care for my 2 Grandchildren.as the reached the age of 15 months I could no longer care for them because of a bad knee and could not lift or bend.I had the knee replaced and that took awhile to heal. During...

Filing small claims case againt ex boyfriend who borrowed money? [ 6 Answers ]

How can I file a claims case against my ex boyfriend who used me for money? I loaned him $4000 and wrote up a contract outlining all terms and conditions and he and I signed it. He told me he would pay back but it has been over a year and I have not seen 1 payment. When I get angry and say I'll...

Friend claims I owe him money and is taking it to small claims court [ 2 Answers ]

I was on holiday with a friend who booked and paid for a trip. When we got home he asked me for the money for this trip. He never told me how much it cost or that he would want me to contribute until afterwards. I have told him that he should have asked first and I wouldn't have gone as I cannot...

Texas small claims judgement - need 2 get my money [ 7 Answers ]

We won a judgment against a Paint & Body company and now have a bigger issue the just the damage to my truck... We have found out that the owner is a huge deadbeat on paying, we have already filed an abstract of judgment and it has done no good, my next option is a Writ of Execution and then...

Should I go to small claims or police? [ 9 Answers ]

3 weeks ago my daughter hit a deer with her car & needed a whole headlight assembly & front fender. My neighbor said he could get it almost half price at junk yard. I live in Pa. So he went on internet to see if they had it. They said they did. So I gave him the money they quoted. He came back &...

View more questions Search